JJT: Witten also had a meltdown on the field

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm listening to JJT on The Dan Patrick Show and he said that on the second to last drive before Dez had that blow up at the end of the game, Jason Witten had a meltdown on the series prior to that. JJT said Witten was jumping up and down on the field cursing up a storm. He then went to the sideline threw his helmet and kept ranting, raving, & cursing up a storm.

Difference is the cameras don't constantly follow guys like Witten so the viewing audience only saw Dez.

Now watch those same people who blasted Dez for his actions will praise Witten because he's a "warrior" and was only showing "passion" for the game.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't see how that story relates.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but JJT doesn't have an agenda for or against Witten or Bryant.

So I don't think he'd embellish the story just to help Dez's cause.

If JJT's comments are accurate, and I have no reason to doubt they aren't, then Witten is just as guilty of being "immature" as Dez. The only difference is that Dez had several cameras following him around to document the meltdown.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just did not see the value in what Dez did. He's young and emotional...I get that, but it sure looked like he was showing up his teamates. At this point I could care less, seems like all is well between Dez and Witten now. I get the feeling though now this is being portrayed as a racial issue, which it isn't.

superpunk

Banned
I just did not see the value in what Dez did. He's young and emotional...I get that, but it sure looked like he was showing up his teamates. At this point I could care less, seems like all is well between Dez and Witten now. I get the feeling though now this is being portrayed as a racial issue, which it isn't.
You have no idea what he was saying, you are just basing it on your good opinion of Witten/Ware and assuming Dez was out of line.

Witten has come out and said Dez is fine btw.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Just lazy journalism.

Would this story even been wrote if it were another team?

I'm sure there is no yelling on any other team's sideline.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I haven't seen that.

But as superpunk mentioned, there are definitely some prejudices being displayed. Not racial prejudices but prejudices against the individual because of his past and because he's a receiver and everyone labels receivers as divas.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You have no idea what he was saying, you are just basing it on your good opinion of Witten/Ware and assuming Dez was out of line.

Witten has come out and said Dez is fine btw.
I said Witten and Dez were fine in the post you quoted, but thanks for mentioning it again.

I know exactly what I am talking about...I did not see the value of him having a meltdown on the field. I am not assuming anything, other than he looked like a petulant child. I never talked about what he was discussing...so you have no idea what I was saying I guess.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
I haven't seen that.

But as superpunk mentioned, there are definitely some prejudices being displayed. Not racial prejudices but prejudices against the individual because of his past and because he's a receiver and everyone labels receivers as divas.
Really? JJT specifically mentions a white guy having a meltdown to counter Dez's meltdown.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is too bad all of this unnecessary attention on Bryant is distracting the media from the real issue...an epic all-time bad defense.

Kiffin should be defending himself today, not Bryant.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And passion, which is a euphemism for acting like a selfish turd.

Cotton

Staff member
And passion, which is a euphemism for acting like a selfish turd.
Then you may as well classify Irvin as the same.

I, for one, loved it. It's about damn time there was some passion on our sidelines instead of pics of Tony sitting on the bench with his damn head in his hands.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I, for one, loved it. It's about damn time there was some passion on our sidelines instead of pics of Tony sitting on the bench with his damn head in his hands.
Irvin didn't act like that though. He never appeared to call out his QB. But then again, Aikman was never a spineless dork drooling over Polaroids with Wade Wilson on the sidelines either.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Irvin never disrespected Aikman like that. Interrupting a meeting between Romo and his coaches was counterproductive. Dez got too caught up in his bogus rivalry with CJ and it showed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Irvin never disrespected Aikman like that. Interrupting a meeting between Romo and his coaches was counterproductive. Dez got too caught up in his bogus rivalry with CJ and it showed.
Romo meeting with Wade MFing Wilson has zero chance at being productive.

Cotton

Staff member
Irvin never disrespected Aikman like that. Interrupting a meeting between Romo and his coaches was counterproductive. Dez got too caught up in his rivalry with CJ and it showed.
He already said it wasn't about getting the ball, and I believe him. I agree that interrupting Romo and his coaches was counterproductive, and he needs to understand that, but his passion can be channeled and used for good, and I damn sure hope they see it. But, I doubt they will. I'm sure Garrett told him simply to calm down and suppress his emotions instead of taking the opportunity to teach him how to use it for good.

Top Bottom