JJT: Witten also had a meltdown on the field

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So then you agree it was a bad comparison, idiot.
No, I don't agree. You intimated that Lee wasn't confrontational like it was a bad thing, yet you say that Dez shouldn't have been. I see a correlation. Sorry you can't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nice. You can't seem to have a conversation without tossing around insults. Regardless, idiot is a noun of reference in that context and should be separated with a comma.
So, I am guessing you aren't wearing Carp's skin anymore?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm sick of this team being dickless. We have bitched about them being gutless for years now, and finally one person stands up and audibly bitches on the sidelines because the team is playing like shit and he is demonized. It's retarded.
I guess really the only time and place to have that show of emotion.

Like I said, there is a big difference between how he and Irvin did things. Who is demonizing him BTW? People on the board?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I'm sick of this team being dickless. We have bitched about them being gutless for years now, and finally one person stands up and audibly bitches on the sidelines because the team is playing like shit and he is demonized. It's retarded.
I fully support his rant. This team needs fire and with the exception if a few, it is ice cold.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No, I don't agree. You intimated that Lee wasn't confrontational like it was a bad thing, yet you say that Dez shouldn't have been. I see a correlation. Sorry you can't.
I have no problem with Dez going off, but IMO it did not have to be done on the sideline the way he did. I have no problem with him confronting anyone, just did not see the value of it at that point. You are confused.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who is demonizing him BTW? People on the board?
He's getting skewered by the media in case you haven't been paying attention.

You have all of these guys saying he should have just kept his mouth shut and done something about it.

You mean like Witten with his one fucking catch? How about Romo who has played average football ever since the Denver game?

Cotton

Staff member
I guess really the only time and place to have that show of emotion.

Like I said, there is a big difference between how he and Irvin did things. Who is demonizing him BTW? People on the board?
I don't see a big difference between the two. Bryant does need to learn how he goes about bringing accountability to this team, but overall he is on the right track. And, I don't think anyone on this board is demonizing him, but he is being treated that way in a fair amount of the fanbase and media.

Cotton

Staff member
I have no problem with Dez going off, but IMO it did not have to be done on the sideline the way he did. I have no problem with him confronting anyone, just did not see the value of it at that point. You are confused.
So, you didn't like when Irvin would walk the sidelines screaming at people?

I think it's you who is confused.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't see a big difference between the two. Bryant does need to learn how he goes about bringing accountability to this team, but overall he is on the right track. And, I don't think anyone on this board is demonizing him, but he is being treated that way in a fair amount of the fanbase and media.
It is a huge difference. He showed up his coach and QB. Regadless of how we view them that is exactly what he did. There was a better way to go about things.

Cotton

Staff member
It is a huge difference. He showed up his coach and QB. Regadless of how we view them that is exactly what he did. There was a better way to go about things.
The only reason Irvin didn't yell at Aikman and Johnson back in the day is because they weren't the ones fucking up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I distinctly recall Irvin going off big time in a game against the Eagles when Bobby Taylor was frustrating him.

Yes, he didn't go after his quarterback though...that's the main difference.

But then again, Aikman was not ball-less wonder like Tony Romo.

Carp

DCC 4Life

If you read what I posted earlier...I said Irvin had people rallying around him, Dez doesn't. Irving clearly had the respect of his teamates...while it appears that Dez not have the same respect from his teamates. Pretty big difference.

Cotton

Staff member
I distinctly recall Irvin going off big time in a game against the Eagles when Bobby Taylor was frustrating him.

Aikman also didn't make boneheaded decisions like Romo does either. At least not to his scale.

Cotton

Staff member
If you read what I posted earlier...I said Irvin had people rallying around him, Dez doesn't. Irving clearly had the respect of his teamates...while it appears that Dez not have the same respect from his teamates. Pretty big difference.
It's also early in his career. That respect for leadership will grow. I'm glad he's already started growing into his Irvin-like role.

Carp

DCC 4Life

If I thought that what he was doing was going to help Romo, then sure, I'd be all for it. It won't though, he does not respond to that well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's also early in his career. That respect for leadership will grow. I'm glad he's already started growing into his Irvin-like role.
So then you were confused I guess.

Cotton

Staff member
If I thought that what he was doing was going to help Romo, then sure, I'd be all for it. It won't though, he does not respond to that well.
It's not Bryant's place to coach up a player, or wonder how he should talk to them. :lol

He was pissed because the offense was stagnant and was voicing his displeasure. I'm glad he did it.

Top Bottom