JJT: Mo Claiborne storms out of facility

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm just not sure there is anything to salvage. He is a disaster out there trying to cover anyone. And I don't mean relative to his draft status. That ship sailed a long time ago. He looks like a below replacement level CB right now.
Also, it's not like we're lining him up against teams #1 WR. The AJ Greens and Calvin Johnson's of the league aren't the ones torching him. He's being worked over by journeyman WGAS receivers on a weekly basis.

He's just not cut out to play NFL football. He can't be salvaged, IMO.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ha, true. He ran off Derek Ross too.

But there were times you'd expect him to be harder on a guy than he was.

And maybe there's not anything redeemable about Claiborne. Just saying, if he's suspended, my guess is, that's it for him here as having any hope of being a quality player.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Better yet...just don't activate him and dress Patmon over him.
That's what I would do. I certainly wouldn't cut him like we did with Orton.

I'd let him waste away on the inactive list.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ha, true. He ran off Derek Ross too.

But there were times you'd expect him to be harder on a guy than he was.

And maybe there's not anything redeemable about Claiborne. Just saying, if he's suspended, my guess is, that's it for him here as having any hope of being a quality player.
So the question is, what does Garrett do?

Put in his emotion chip and suspend him? Or wait for Jerry to stick his arm up his ass and work his head?

1bigfan13

Staff member
When is the last time we suspended a player on our own? I know Pacman Jones was suspended back in 2008 but that was league imposed, IIRC.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So the question is, what does Garrett do?

Put in his emotion chip and suspend him? Or wait for Jerry to stick his arm up his ass and work his head?
Well you just said you'd "believe it when you see" him get benched and that just happened, so... Baby steps.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Can we get a Claiborne tossing an old Garrett jersey?

Claiborne in Quincy-like sweats and houseshoes?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea there's nothing to save here, the dude is not mentally or physically tough enough to be elite in the NFL, on top of the fact that not only is he an idiot in general, he's also a football idiot.

He can probably go to a team that runs all man and be a decent player but he just doesn't have what it takes to be elite at this level.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Maybe I read too much into it but I really liked what I saw out of Patmon in the preseason.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe I read too much into it but I really liked what I saw out of Patmon in the preseason.
I think Patmon is fine, he like, you know, doesn't just walk out of the team when he doesn't get to play and stuff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Morris Claiborne leaves the facility after learning Scandrick will start

Posted Tuesday, Sep. 23, 2014

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

chill@star-telegram.com

IRVING — Cornerback Morris Claiborne has gone from disappointing to disgruntled.

An unhappy Claiborne left the team facility Tuesday after learning he would be benched in favor of Orlando Scandrick, per several sources.

Claiborne did not attend position meetings or the film review of the Rams game. The Cowboys could fine Claiborne for missing practice or for conduct detrimental to the team.

But more importantly they want him back at the facility on Wednesday and ready to go for Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints as part of the Cowboys nickel defense.

Whether he’s starting or not, a source said “we need all the corners we can get this week,” and added that Claiborne “was/is going to play a lot.”

Claiborne, largely a disappointment after being picked sixth overall in 2012, started the first two games of the season with Scandrick out because of an NFL suspension. Scandrick started Sunday against the Rams but only because of the package the Cowboys ran to open the game.

Both played similar amount of snaps against the Rams last Sunday as the Cowboys gauged Scandrick’s conditioning after being out. Claiborne was on the field for 53 snaps, and Scandrick for 51.

It was always assumed Scandrick would regain the starting job he initially earned last season when he supplanted Claiborne in Week 2.

His return to the starting lineup against the Saints this week was hastened by Claiborne’s poor play this season, capped by game-long struggles against the Rams that couldn’t even be offset by his game-sealing interception in the final minute.

Claiborne admitted he played poorly after the game, saying he “stunk it up.”

Claiborne has allowed eight receptions in 13 targets this season, according to STATS, Inc.

He left the facility the same day owner Jerry Jones acknowledged Claiborne hasn’t played as well as expected and a move to Scandrick was in the offing.

“Morris had a really good training camp,” Jones said. “Very competitive. And then he suffered a little setback there injury-wise, and didn’t quite get it back by the time we left training camp. On the other hand, Scandrick arguably had the best training camp of any player we had, certainly in the top three or four. So we’ve got to look real hard.

“We’ve got a guy that’s playing lights out, played really good the other day, Scandrick. [He played] probably as well as anybody did in the secondary. So Scandrick or Claiborne, in certain situations, all three of them out there in a lot of situations. It’s really something we’ll have to see how they practice this week and we’ll go from there.”

Jones said Claiborne has not been the player the Cowboys thought they were getting when they traded two picks in the first round to take him in 2012. But they are not ready to give up on him.

“We’re not giving up on him at all,” Jones said. “Is he what we had hoped for at this point when we drafted him with the sixth pick, gave up a pick to go up to the sixth pick to get him? No. But he’s going to be a good player.”

The question now is whether he shows up Wednesday.

Charean Williams contributed to this report
----------------

Hopefully he makes it easy on the team and stays away.

His behavior cannot just be dismissed with a simple fine because you are chicken shit of the Saints ripping you a new one.

What good is this quitter going to do on the field Sunday night?

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I wonder if the Saints (see Rob Ryan) would have any interest in trading for him? I know he has little to no value, but just something to get his contract off our books.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
What a fucking draft horror story this guy has become.

I just can't get over how absurd it is that they gave this bum such a high grade. Deion Sanders :lol

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Nut up or get GTFO pantywaist. This team doesn't need a pansy who bitches when he already knows he's been sucking to begin with.

"I sucked and then I got replaced by someone that plays better than I do. Whaaaaa"

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, you overrated bust.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am starting to look at LSU like Texas they get all the athletes but spoil them rotten, not many pan out.

Top Bottom