JJT: Mike McCarthy’s chance to succeed with Cowboys comes with power Jerry Jones never afforded Jason Garrett

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol now you’re off your rocker.

Bud Wilkinson’s last game as head coach was 1963.

You’re telling me it’s a toss-up between Jimmy Johnson and Bud Wilkinson to hire for your next NFL head coach?
:monkeydance

data

Forbes #1
@L.T. Fan

True or False...Don Shula has more credentials than Mike McCarthy to coach the Dallas Cowboys today.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol now you’re off your rocker.

Bud Wilkinson’s last game as head coach was 1963.

You’re telling me it’s a toss-up between Jimmy Johnson and Bud Wilkinson to hire for your next NFL head coach?
The circumstance is the same he is one example. It’s not a person to person comparison.

data

Forbes #1
Quit trolling. It’s getting boring.
Your own observations boomerang'd back to you and now it's trolling. :lol

Here's your opportunity to elaborate -- You brought up a coach that's been dead for almost 30 years. How is Bud Wilkerson relevant to this discussion?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Your own observations boomerang'd back to you and now it's trolling. :lol

Here's your opportunity to elaborate -- You brought up a coach that's been dead for almost 30 years. How is Bud Wilkerson relevant to this discussion?
I brought up an example of a circumstance. How many times do you have to be told it’s not a person to person comparison. And yes you are trolling.

data

Forbes #1
I brought up an example of a circumstance. How many times do you have to be told it’s not a person to person comparison. And yes you are trolling.
:lol

I brought up the Jimmy Johnson-was-1st-two-win-both statistic in support of your "circumstance". I merely stated that, yes, Jimmy was the first ever to accomplish this.

You're the one that got uppity. First you bite the hand that feeds you and now you call me a troll.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I brought up the Jimmy Johnson-was-1st-two-win-both statistic in support of your "circumstance". I merely stated that, yes, Jimmy was the first ever to accomplish this.

You're the one that got uppity. First you bite the hand that feeds you and now you call me a troll.
You need a nap.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I didn’t get uppity. I gave a parity example that matched Johnson’s circumstance when he entered the NFL. There are many more just like it. Somehow you want to talk about Johnson’s career in the NFL when the topic of my conversation is Johnson’s circumstances before he came into the NFL. When I try to point out this to you you still want to revert to Johnson’s NFL career so I am out of further patience to continue the conversation.

data

Forbes #1
Somehow you want to talk about Johnson’s career in the NFL when the topic of my conversation is Johnson’s circumstances before he came into the NFL.
Go back and re-read the conversation. My first post supported your ‘circumstance’ stating that Jimmy was the first college champion to ever win the Super Bowl. I further supported your claim by stating that Nick Savanna and Steve Spurrier, under similar circumstance, failed miserably.

You responded to me with a “that’s after the fact” that came off uppity, especially with introducing Bud Wilkerson

When I try to point out this to you you still want to revert to Johnson’s NFL career so I am out of further patience to continue the conversation.
By now, you’ve hopefully re-read our conversation and now realize you should be directing your anguish at the other posters. I accept your apology. I feel much better after my nap. Thanks for the suggestion. Is it time for the nurse to change your bedpan now?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Go back and re-read the conversation. My first post supported your ‘circumstance’ stating that Jimmy was the first college champion to ever win the Super Bowl. I further supported your claim by stating that Nick Savanna and Steve Spurrier, under similar circumstance, failed miserably.

You responded to me with a “that’s after the fact” that came off uppity, especially with introducing Bud Wilkerson

By now, you’ve hopefully re-read our conversation and now realize you should be directing your anguish at the other posters. I accept your apology. I feel much better after my nap. Thanks for the suggestion. Is it time for the nurse to change your bedpan now?
You want an apology from me while adding another insult. That’s comedic. It is nice though that your last statement included something about Johnson’s accomplishment in the NFL because that’s the very thing I pointed out. None of my comments had anything to do with his NFL career and I still don’t know why you want to belabor this point. One more time..... A statement was made that Johnson’s college championship gave him some creditability for being an NFL Coach. From that statement I responded that other college coaches had tried to bring that to the NFL and had failed. That’s as far as I went with the conversation. Your comment about yes but Johnson also won a Super Bowl was not relevant to what I was talking about.

data

Forbes #1
A statement was made that Johnson’s college championship gave him some creditability for being an NFL Coach. From that statement I responded that other college coaches had tried to bring that to the NFL and had failed.
...and Jimmy Johnson being the first coach to win both NCAA and Super Bowl strongly supports your statement that every other college coach beforehand had failed. Some of these posters may not have known that Jimmy was the first ever.

I went further to say that, even today, winning a college championship doesn’t give instant credibility towards NFL success, exemplified by Saban and Spurrier’s massive failures.

And the insult score is tied 2-2.

Top Bottom