JJT: Mike McCarthy’s chance to succeed with Cowboys comes with power Jerry Jones never afforded Jason Garrett

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Like the kids "enjoying" the moments dad's sober and not beating mom? Too bad there's not a Children and Family Services officer who could take the kids out of the home. Or, better yet, mom finally decides she's had enough and murders dad.
I would prefer she set him on fire. Would that be ok?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't get the few who are determined that this won't work, and don't even want it to work to prove Jerry can never win.

Also, the last 25 years haven't all been the same. Campo wasn't like Parcells and Parcells wasn't like Garrett. Not sure how anyone can argue they were.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I wonder what McCarthy's place will be in draft-day war room photos. Jerry sitting front and center, surrounded by Stephen, Charlotte and the rest of of the trailer-park clan? With McCarthy off to the side grinning weakly?
until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to expect all football people to be in the back of the proverbial bus but MM could take the lap dog seat formally reserved for Garrett

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't get the few who are determined that this won't work, and don't even want it to work to prove Jerry can never win.

Also, the last 25 years haven't all been the same. Campo wasn't like Parcells and Parcells wasn't like Garrett. Not sure how anyone can argue they were.
I totally agree. Right now this looks a lot more like Parcells than Garrett/Campo or even Switzer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to expect all football people to be in the back of the proverbial bus but MM could take the lap dog seat formally reserved for Garrett

The sad thing is the one guy who actually matters in the draft room is sitting in the back. McClay is the important man, not those dopes sitting front and center.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Like the kids "enjoying" the moments dad's sober and not beating mom? Too bad there's not a Children and Family Services officer who could take the kids out of the home. Or, better yet, mom finally decides she's had enough and murders dad.
I dont see how Jerry escaped the Me Too movement. He's notorious.

deadrise

DCC 4Life

OMG. It's easy to predict this won't work BECAUSE IT HASN'T WORKED FOR 25 YEARS! Isn't that enough to prove that Jerry CAN NEVER WIN? Because his team is among a small handful of teams who, since he's been charge, have NEVER WON.

Whether Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillps or Garrett -- it doesn't matter. JERRY HAS STILL NEVER WON! FOUR FREAKIN' playoff wins since 1996. Six coaches over that period.

What more does it take?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
The sad thing is the one guy who actually matters in the draft room is sitting in the back. McClay is the important man, not those dopes sitting front and center.
I thought it was McClay too but it was pointed out to me that its Lionel Vital.

Hopefully McClay is in the building but he's not even in this photo

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I Smoked a J for the first time in months and this thread has me all freaked out right now. It’s great.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I totally agree. Right now this looks a lot more like Parcells than Garrett/Campo or even Switzer.
This is exactly what I was going to post. There's a distinct difference in the way Jones views McCarthy. It was apparent to anyone who actually watched the press conference and has heard the man speak about McCarthy. He's got the credibility that comes from winning a Championship. That carries a huge amount of power and stroke with Jerry Jones, he respects success. And because of that, McCarthy will have a significant voice and significant authority within the organization. That's something the others like Gailey, Phillips, Campo, and Garrett never did. But is something that Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells did have. They had the accomplishments, they had the clout, and they had the authority. That's what I'm seeing with his hire. And the proof is in the pudding so far given the coaching staff turnover. McCarthy is making the calls on that, and unlike Garrett, he actually knows and has worked with a large number of accomplished coaches.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
This is exactly what I was going to post. There's a distinct difference in the way Jones views McCarthy. It was apparent to anyone who actually watched the press conference and has heard the man speak about McCarthy. He's got the credibility that comes from winning a Championship. That carries a huge amount of power and stroke with Jerry Jones, he respects success. And because of that, McCarthy will have a significant voice and significant authority within the organization. That's something the others like Gailey, Phillips, Campo, and Garrett never did. But is something that Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells did have. They had the accomplishments, they had the clout, and they had the authority. That's what I'm seeing with his hire. And the proof is in the pudding so far given the coaching staff turnover. McCarthy is making the calls on that, and unlike Garrett, he actually knows and has worked with a large number of accomplished coaches.
Johnson and Parcells are probably the worst examples anyone could choose. Johnson hadn't won anything in the NFL before he arrived. Jimmy got him two SBs and still they couldn't coexist. Jerry couldn't stand the idea of sharing credit or the spotlight with Johnson. So much for credibility -- "clout and authority."

Parcells lasted four seasons. Jerry forced Terrell Owens down is his throat when Parcells wanted no part of TO. When they agreed to an amicable divorce, Jerry summarized his position by saying, "I'm just not having fun anymore." So much for credibility -- "clout and authority."

Top Bottom