Jamal Adams Requests Trade

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was probably one of the most ardent supporters of a trade for Adams but there is no chance in the world I'd have given up two 1's, let alone even more on top.

My best and final offer would've been like a 1+3+Woods.
I would have stopped at a one and another pick. This was robbery.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Seahawks are clearly happy to ignore their OL and just let Wilson run around for his life while they plow resources into the defense.

Their OL is completely pathetic, they're starting 3 JAG's, a 35 year old Duane Brown and one mildly decent young player in Pocic.

They're basically playing Russian roulette with their franchise QB.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I was probably one of the most ardent supporters of a trade for Adams but there is no chance in the world I'd have given up two 1's, let alone even more on top.

I was curious to read your reaction.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Seattle fucked itself in more ways than they know. They already draft like shit and can’t protect Russell Wilson. Now, they’ve way overpaid for a Safety and basically screwed themselves out of any quality offensive linemen over the next 2-3 years. If I’m Russell Wilson, I’m fucking fuming at this move.
Eh, he's still getting paid handsomely for his efforts.

It's amazing to see exactly where he started to where he is now.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
The Seahawks are clearly happy to ignore their OL and just let Wilson run around for his life while they plow resources into the defense.

Their OL is completely pathetic, they're starting 3 JAG's, a 35 year old Duane Brown and one mildly decent young player in Pocic.

They're basically playing Russian roulette with their franchise QB.
Don't forget that they employ a pretty good offensive line coach. One that we should have had if not for another Garrett fuck up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It is pretty impressive they could get two firsts for Adams.

I am still in a state of shock.
Definitely didn't expect them to get that much back for a player who has been publicly banging the drum for a trade and who has openly ripped team officials.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned and out of touch with the value of current players but that haul seems way too high for a safety who doesn't create turnovers and highlight plays like an Ed Reed type. Adams reminds me of an early in his career Roy Williams.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

He’d have been incredible in Dallas, but yeah, no fucking way.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Personally, I’m glad we don’t throw first round picks at trades like we used to

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Personally, I’m glad we don’t throw first round picks at trades like we used to
Adams for one first round pick would have been a lot like the Cooper deal. But two would be unacceptable for almost any non QB.

We learned the hard way with Joey Galloway, even if the player is good it’s just way too much invested.

For a WR like that to make an impact, you needed a QB who wasn’t on his last legs and an offensive line that wasn’t a shadow of its former self.

Adams needs a defensive line to take on blocks, good corners to cover while he attacks, plus an offense that makes all his efforts worthwhile.

And he has to stay healthy and effective— just too many things have to fall into place for the trade to make an impact relative to the two first rounders

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
but that haul seems way too high for a safety who doesn't create turnovers and highlight plays like an Ed Reed type. Adams reminds me of an early in his career Roy Williams.
Early Roy was a human highlight film, first couple of years nobody thought Dallas had picked the wrong Safety.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Definitely didn't expect them to get that much back for a player who has been publicly banging the drum for a trade and who has openly ripped team officials.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned and out of touch with the value of current players but that haul seems way too high for a safety who doesn't create turnovers and highlight plays like an Ed Reed type. Adams reminds me of an early in his career Roy Williams.
He has all the good qualities that Roy had (physicality around the LOS, blitzing, tackling, big hits, etc.) but really none of the weaknesses (laziness, completely unaware in coverage, fat/slow once he became complacent). Given how competitive Adams is it's almost impossible for me to think he goes the way of Roy, who more or less just got lazy/complacent and stopped caring about football.

Adams is the best box safety in the league right now, certainly the best blitzer, but he is also excellent covering TE's/RB's out of the slot and he can handle deep responsibility even if it isn't his best attribute. The only thing he's lacking is being an elite ball hawk with INT production, but just because he is excellent in the box and doesn't rack up INT's doesn't mean he's Roy Williams.

He's going to be one of the best safeties of this decade, and likely will be on the 2020 All-Decade team, although I still would've never paid the price the Seahawks paid. He's going to be an excellent fit in their scheme and probably elevate their defense a good bit, but I don't think it takes them over the top and I think they're going to be hurting real bad in about 2 years when Bobby Wagner/KJ Wright are over the hill and their shitty drafting comes home to roost.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Adams is the best box safety in the league right now, certainly the best blitzer, but he is also excellent covering TE's/RB's out of the slot and he can handle deep responsibility even if it isn't his best attribute. The only thing he's lacking is being an elite ball hawk with INT production, but just because he is excellent in the box and doesn't rack up INT's doesn't mean he's Roy Williams.
Comparing him to an early in his career Roy Williams, which is what I said, is not taking a shot at Jamal Adams.

Roy Williams was arguably one of the 5 best Safeties in the NFL his first few years in the NFL. And Roy Williams was no slouch in coverage early in his career either. He had a pretty good knack for being around the ball and creating turnovers.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Comparing him to an early in his career Roy Williams, which is what I said, is not taking a shot at Jamal Adams.

Roy Williams was arguably one of the 5 best Safeties in the NFL his first few years in the NFL. And Roy Williams was no slouch in coverage early in his career either. He had a pretty good knack for being around the ball and creating turnovers.
Sure, the only concern would be that he devolves into mid/late-career Roy, which I don't think is really a valid concern at all.

Top Bottom