Irvin pulled from Super Bowl coverage

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt they'd suspend him for trying to cheat on his wife. Maybe the woman was a subordinate at ESPN or something. That'd make it more serious.
It was a hotel employee. In the lobby.

Must have been one hell of a handshake. Like he did the wiggly one finger thing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah I really struggle to figure out what he did to create such an uproar. Give her a hug or something?
With that damage amount it is highly unlikely he will prevail unless the deep pockets is the NFL network. I have reservations the primary defendant has that representative amount. If the Network is named as a dependent Irvin may have problems getting work anywhere.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
With that damage amount it is highly unlikely he will prevail unless the deep pockets is the NFL network. I have reservations the primary defendant has that representative amount. If the Network is named as a dependent Irvin may have problems getting work anywhere. Asking someone to vacate your property can‘t cause that damage amount unless they allege something that will be pretty bad and can clearly be shown it was so damaging he can never work again for the media companies. It would possibly be worth some amount from all parties but compiling that amount and proving it will be tough sledding.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With that damage amount it is highly unlikely he will prevail unless the deep pockets is the NFL network. I have reservations the primary defendant has that representative amount. If the Network is named as a dependent Irvin may have problems getting work anywhere.
It's not about money but my guess is the Hotel is tied up in it too since they reported it and removed him from the hotel. I think this is a lawsuit that Irvin would be happy with an apology and admission that he did nothing wrong. It's like the Johnny Depp trial, it wasn't about money, it was about saving his career and legacy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
NFL Network are some hoes too for yanking him from this week's Super Bowl coverage without a shred of evidence. It pisses me off that men are automatically presumed guilty based solely on a woman's word.

This isn't me being misogynistic. This is about being fair to both parties involved. News flash.....women can be lying, thieving assholes too.

It's like when cops get called to a house for a DV incident. The man can be the one who made the 911 call because the woman is terrorizing him, but as soon as the cops show up if that woman is crying, they immediately start restraining the guy assuming he's the instigator.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
NFL Network are some hoes too for yanking him from this week's Super Bowl coverage without a shred of evidence. It pisses me off that men are automatically presumed guilty based solely on a woman's word.

This isn't me being misogynistic. This is about being fair to both parties involved. News flash.....women can be lying, thieving assholes too.
Remember a few years ago when some girl accused Rodney Anderson of rape and he almost missed the bowl game because of it?

Fortunately, all the evidence showed he was completely innocent and there was enough time for him to be reinstated. But it could have ruined his reputation and his future employment. All because he turned her down, or whatever happened.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Remember a few years ago when some girl accused Rodney Anderson of rape and he almost missed the bowl game because of it?

Fortunately, all the evidence showed he was completely innocent and there was enough time for him to be reinstated. But it could have ruined his reputation and his future employment. All because he turned her down, or whatever happened.
Yeah I remember that.

And rarely does anything happen to the false accusers. They need to start sending these people to prison for a few years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
And what sucks is, everyone said he was about the best, most upstanding guy you'd ever meet. Solid gold reputation.

And she almost ruined him, because "believe all women."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I remember that.

And rarely does anything happen to the false accusers. They need to start sending these people to prison for a few years.

1000000%

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not about money but my guess is the Hotel is tied up in it too since they reported it and removed him from the hotel. I think this is a lawsuit that Irvin would be happy with an apology and admission that he did nothing wrong. It's like the Johnny Depp trial, it wasn't about money, it was about saving his career and legacy.
That well could be true but it sounds like to me at this point his attorney wants to cover the basis of the lawsuit with deep pockets contingencies in the event it turns into a drawn out process.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That well could be true but it sounds like to me at this point his attorney wants to cover the basis of the lawsuit with deep pockets contingencies in the event it turns into a drawn out process.
You have to claim damages. And you have to claim a certain amount in damages to get to the court you want a case like this. Plus you want to actually get the hotels attention. Asking for $500 in damages is going to get you no where.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You have to claim damages. And you have to claim a certain amount in damages to get to the court you want a case like this. Plus you want to actually get the hotels attention. Asking for $500 in damages is going to get you no where.
I understand. My career with a federal agency was about tort law and what I took away with me in that career was that you needed some deep pockets to even consider filing a lawsuit. This lawsuit apparently filed with that contingency in mind.

RoboQB

"MAGA Extremist"
The hotel manager overreacted. Probably did it for spite.
Side note: if they're any "mods" from that "other" board hiding
out or lurking over here, GFY!
On that board, if you question anything about this, you are called a fanboy or an Irvinite and you "hate" women... smh.
An absolute clown show over there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The hotel manager overreacted. Probably did it for spite.
Side note: if they're any "mods" from that "other" board hiding
out or lurking over here, GFY!
On that board, if you question anything about this, you are called a fanboy or an Irvinite and you "hate" women... smh.
An absolute clown show over there.
You won't find that at the DCC. We always blame the woman here. :unsure

Top Bottom