Irvin pulled from Super Bowl coverage

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life

Details on Woman’s Accusations Against NFL Hall of Famer Michael Irvin Revealed
Story by Noah A. McGee • Yesterday 4:06 PM

NFL Hall of Famer Michael Irvin has vehemently denied the sexual misconduct allegations made by an Arizona hotel employee during the week leading up to the 2023 Super Bowl. So much so that he’s filed a $100 million defamation suit, accusing the hotel where he stayed in Glendale, Ariz. of devising “a plan to turn him into the next victim of ‘cancel culture’ over something he says never happened.”

Last week, Irvin held a press conference, to publicize his innocence and to present witnesses that can corroborate his story. The former Dallas Cowboy says that he shook the woman’s hand, had a brief exchange and then walked back to his room alone. That’s all, according to Irvin. But over the weekend, Marriott International provided its side of the story of what happened between the Super Bowl champion and a female hotel employee.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the hotel has its own version of what occurred that night and trust me, in their story, Irvin doesn’t just have a short exchange and then walk away.

More from Dallas Morning News:
Irvin asked what she did for work, told her he found her attractive, shook her hand and introduced himself as Michael, according to the document. When she said that she didn’t follow the NFL, he directed her to search his name on the Internet sometime.
“Irvin also reached out and touched the Victim’s arm during this conversation without her consent, causing her to step back, becoming visibly uncomfortable,” Marriott attorney Nathan Chapman wrote in the document. “Irvin then asked the Victim whether she knew anything about having a ‘big Black man inside of [her].’ Taken aback by Irvin’s comments, the Victim responded that his comments were inappropriate, and she did not wish to discuss it further.
They further claimed that Irvin tried to grab her hand and attempted to apologize, but she backed away as he tried to move closer.

According to the filing obtained by the Dallas Morning News, the victim saw that other hotel employees were close by, and shook Irvin’s hand in return to end the uncomfortable interaction.

Looks like we have a classic case of he said/she said. But not according to Irvin’s attorney. Levin McCathern claims that all of the above details are completely false and says they will release a video next week to prove that no sexual misconduct or assault took place.

In any case, Irvin still has not been on ESPN or NFL Network since these allegations came up. Unless he can prove his innocence, it looks like he won’t be going back anytime soon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's refiling the suit in Arizona.
The video shows no wrongdoing.
It also shows the manager pissed at the employee before, during and after she met Irvin. Stay tuned... lol
Yeah when I saw he was dismissing I was concerned, but glad to see he isn't letting it go and slinking into a hole.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Make of it what you will...

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Make of it what you will...

Her body language does say she wants away from him but nothing there would indicate “assault” even if he said something suggestive and she said no there isn’t anything in that that conveys assault. If there is audio, I didn’t listen to it. Good lord

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Her body language does say she wants away from him but nothing there would indicate “assault” even if he said something suggestive and she said no there isn’t anything in that that conveys assault. If there is audio, I didn’t listen to it. Good lord
There's no audio.

I pretty much said the same thing. It looks like he reached for her arm a couple of times and she pulls away. They end with a friendly handshake. The end.

I guess technically some asshole attorney could try to play up the unwanted touching angle of sexual misconduct laws. But he clearly isn't overly harassing her or forcing himself on her in any manner. So it seems like even approaching it from that angle doesn't match the spirit of the law. But you never know. Our legal system is pretty fickle when to comes to interpreting the letter of the law.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I love Mike, but I can't say I can afford him the benefit of the doubt because he's always getting into shit.

At the absolute least, he's guilty of some of the worst judgment I've ever seen from somebody who is supposed to be terribly sorry for their past mistakes.

His Hall of Fame speech is one of the greatest ever and it's because of the emotion that he displayed and what came across as genuine remorse for what he'd done to shame himself and his family.

If you're truly that remorseful, why the hell does he continually put himself in these situations where this can even happen? If you have a history of adultery and are truly trying to be the best man and husband that you can, then you go the extra mile to protect yourself and avoid certain situations.

If Mike is guilty of anything, it's definitely poor judgement and the failure to recognize his own part in putting himself in these situations time and time again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh I'm not even sure I see that body language. Looked pretty innocuous to me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Even if the worst case scenario is true (I'm very much not convinced of that, but just for the sake of argument) that he asked her "whether she knew anything about having a ‘big Black man inside of [her]".

You're allowed to hit on a woman, even allowed to do it poorly or lewdly.

Even if what they say is true, it was a massive overreaction. It's certainly not assault or harassment, and I'd argue probably not even misconduct.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think Irvin was tanked up and talking out his butt the way he always does and he went too far at least for the Manager. His reaction about being punished racially just shows he can’t keep it together.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think Irvin was tanked up and talking out his butt the way he always does and he went too far at least for the Manager. His reaction about being punished racially just shows he can’t keep it together.
I think its within the law to talk shit when youre drunk as long as you don't threaten someone's life.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its within the law to talk shit when youre drunk as long as you don't threaten someone's life.
Yeah I mean clearly he didn't do anything illegal. The question is did Irvin say something vulgar and then commit some type of assault.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I mean clearly he didn't do anything illegal. The question is did Irvin say something vulgar and then commit some type of assault.
it looks like he makes contact, but not of an assault nature. You know, like when you say something you think is funny and you pat the person on the arm/shoulder in laughter. Of course thats me guessing and interpreting what I see.

Top Bottom