Irvin pulled from Super Bowl coverage

RoboQB

"MAGA Extremist"
That would have been mean to do to the old man. It was Everett McIver.
He stabbed McIver with scissors because he didn't want to wait in line to get his hair cut. But hey, cocaine makes you do crazy shit... so I'm told... lol

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I came here for updates on the case, but yous guys are in here talking about cocaine and haircuts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He stabbed McIver with scissors because he didn't want to wait in line to get his hair cut. But hey, cocaine makes you do crazy shit... so I'm told... lol
I thought it was about his ass cutting line. He got cut. Imagine if someone did that shit now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I came here for updates on the case, but yous guys are in here talking about cocaine and haircuts.
You'd think these jokers would have learned after that stern talking to they were given. But no. Buncha hardcases.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Irvin was fighting McIver for his usual place in line to get a haircut in the locker room. He was trying to assert veteran dominance over a new acquired FA, but McIver was at least a five year vet and no rookie. They got to shoving and Irvin went mental and stabbed McIver in the neck with nearby scissors.

Basically McIver was lucky not to have bled to death and Irvin got fined out the ass. I think it got spun as “horseplay”— as if this had ever happened before in like any NFL locker room anywhere.

Instead of being inspired by their “leaders” most of the team was in shock and couldn’t believe what just happened.

Most assume Jerry Jones flat out paid McIver under the table to keep quiet and not press charges against Irvin.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Irvin was fighting McIver for his usual place in line to get a haircut in the locker room. He was trying to assert veteran dominance over a new acquired FA, but McIver was at least a five year vet and no rookie. They got to shoving and Irvin went mental and stabbed McIver in the neck with nearby scissors.

Basically McIver was lucky not to have bled to death and Irvin got fined out the ass. I think it got spun as “horseplay”— as if this had ever happened before in like any NFL locker room anywhere.

Instead of being inspired by their “leaders” most of the team was in shock and couldn’t believe what just happened.

Most assume Jerry Jones flat out paid McIver under the table to keep quiet and not press charges against Irvin.
There is is zero doubt McIver got a lump sum and a NDA.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
That would have been mean to do to the old man. It was Everett McIver.
Evidently he did beat up Lockhart.

“Eugene was running the Hoopsters and, like he’d done his whole life, he was bullying people,” Montoya remembers. “He considered me an outsider, so I got picked on. I got tired of it. But more importantly, so did Mike.”

On a road trip in Odessa, Irvin told Lockhart to “chill out” and stop tormenting Paco.

“Gene said ‘I’m the Machine and you’re just a rookie. I’ll beat your black ass’,” Montoya said. “Mike told him, ‘I’m from the projects, bro, and this ain’t gonna cut it’. It was on.”

When the dust settled in the hotel room, there were two broken beds, a busted dresser, one shattered mirror … and a new captain of the Hoopsters. Playmaker 1, Hittin’ Machine 0.

“The ghetto just came out in Mike and he kicked his ass,” Montoya said. “After that, Gene stopped playing for the Hoopsters and Mike said, ‘From now on, you work for me’.”

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

“Eugene was running the Hoopsters and, like he’d done his whole life, he was bullying people,” Montoya remembers. “He considered me an outsider, so I got picked on. I got tired of it. But more importantly, so did Mike.”

On a road trip in Odessa, Irvin told Lockhart to “chill out” and stop tormenting Paco.

“Gene said ‘I’m the Machine and you’re just a rookie. I’ll beat your black ass’,” Montoya said. “Mike told him, ‘I’m from the projects, bro, and this ain’t gonna cut it’. It was on.”

When the dust settled in the hotel room, there were two broken beds, a busted dresser, one shattered mirror … and a new captain of the Hoopsters. Playmaker 1, Hittin’ Machine 0.

“The ghetto just came out in Mike and he kicked his ass,” Montoya said. “After that, Gene stopped playing for the Hoopsters and Mike said, ‘From now on, you work for me’.”

I’d forgotten about this

I seem to recall the Hoopsters would flat out take money in advance for events and not show up

No wonder Mike wanted a bigger piece of it!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well shit.

Mike beat errbody’s ass.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Dez was the only one who tried to do anything or showed emotion during those times, but he didn't command the respect that Mike did.
And when Dez did try to speak up and energize the group you had clowns like Buck and Aikman chastising him and calling him a selfish diva.

It still pisses me off when I think back about one incident when Dez was being animated on the sidelines and Buck and Aikman immediately started going in on him with the negative comments. Two days later we find out via one of those NFL Films mic'd up segments that Dez was actually being very positive and trying to motivate his teammates. He wasn't demanding the ball or berating teammates as Aikman and Buck implied.

That pissed me off so much because Aikman used to do the exact same thing but he would actually berate teammates who were playing like shit. Yet there he was belittling a player for doing the very thing he used to do.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And when Dez did try to speak up and energize the group you had clowns like Buck and Aikman chastising him and calling him a selfish diva.

It still pisses me off when I think back about one incident when Dez was being animated on the sidelines and Buck and Aikman immediately started going in on him with the negative comments. Two days later we find out via one of those NFL Films mic'd up segments that Dez was actually being very positive and trying to motivate his teammates. He wasn't demanding the ball or berating teammates as Aikman and Buck implied.

That pissed me off so much because Aikman used to do the exact same thing but he would actually berate teammates who were playing like shit. Yet there he was belittling a player for doing the very thing he used to do.
Agreed 100%.

Dez was the closest personality we've had to Mike.

I remember him going up to Sean Lee and trying to pump up the defense before they would take the field and it reminded me of how Mike used to do the same thing with his teammates.

That roster just had way too many softies on it and that's why I don't think they responded well to what Dez was doing the way the 90s guys responded to Mike.

Top Bottom