Interesting race topics . . .

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's because they are referred to as Uncle Tom... or refer to them as whitewashed. But only African Americans can say that.
I wasn't referring exactly to that comparison. Only the term cracker and nigger and how it's fine to use one but not the other.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ever notice how it's ok to use a racial slur to describe a white person? If somebody were to say something like 'Why do I get so annoyed when I see a young nigger trying to be white?' all hell would break loose.
Cracker would be more equivalent to something like blackie, which is perfectly fine when teasing someone IMO.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Cracker would be more equivalent to something like blackie, which is perfectly fine when teasing someone IMO.
I wonder how long I'd have my teeth if I walked up to a group of black men anywhere and said, "What's up, blackie?"

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wonder how long I'd have my teeth if I walked up to a group of black men anywhere and said, "What's up, blackie?"
I'd think that context would be important in that situation.

Like here, for example, we are all familiar with each other.

Is cracker offensive to you?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd think that context would be important in that situation.

Like here, for example, we are all familiar with each other.

Is cracker offensive to you?
No. Not at all. Words do not have the power to decide how I feel about myself.

All I was doing was asking a question. Our society is dead locked neck deep in racial divide that doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was just wondering why it is ok to drop racial slurs towards white people in casual conversation, but if you do the same towards black people you are a racist monster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't feel comfortable referring to someone as a blackie either. And I doubt anyone would laugh if I used it in a joke.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

All I was doing was asking a question. Our society is dead locked neck deep in racial divide that doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was just wondering why it is ok to drop racial slurs towards white people in casual conversation, but if you do the same towards black people you are a racist monster.
Well that's certainly true.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Maybe listening to two hours of Ralphie May on the way home last night had an impact on my perspective.

midswat

... soon
I bet if this country elected an African American president he would do wonders to heal racial tensions.

What’s that? We did that once and he actively stirred racial tensions. Oh.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is true in many aspects of our grand PC culture. Words carry zero weight until you give it to them. Same as the word retard. I have a mentally retarded daughter and sometimes I call her a retard because she does retarded ass things. If I did that in public, people would freak the fuck out.

Disclaimer: I also call my son a retard regularly because he does retarded ass things. I don’t discriminate.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
no, but I'm tight with a buck and circumcised

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone here Jewish?
Louie Armstrong was raised by Jewish people and spoke perfect Yiddish. No I am Western Europe materiel with family records back to the 13th century in England. Go to the next person.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Millionaire Michael Bennett just compared himself to Dred Scott...what a cunt

:picard :picard :picard

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol:lol:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom