Interesting race topics . . .

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

"Trigger warning".

What a completely weak and socially inept generation is in our higher learning institutions now.

Simple clue, life does not have "spoiler alerts" and shit happens.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

"Trigger warning".

What a completely weak and socially inept generation is in our higher learning institutions now.

Simple clue, life does not have "spoiler alerts" and shit happens.
Looks like you are the last generation to see what the United States of America used to look like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From the same crazy ass guy who says athletes aren't supposed to be role models and raise your kids.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From the same crazy ass guy who says athletes aren't supposed to be role models and raise your kids.

Honest man. Glad to cut through all the bullshit fake outrage. People just want to feel like they are changing the world. They aren't, not for the better anyway.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader
AUG
BY CHANELLE HELM

[This article is part of a package covering Louisville’s reaction to Charlottesville. Check out the other pieces, including Ricky Jones’ column “Black People Should Arm Themselves Now!” and Erica Rucker’s “America… where are you going?”]

Some things I’m thinking about that should change (in that Southern, black grandmama voice):

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.

#RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney •

Chanelle Helm is cofounder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter Louisville

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader
AUG
BY CHANELLE HELM

[This article is part of a package covering Louisville’s reaction to Charlottesville. Check out the other pieces, including Ricky Jones’ column “Black People Should Arm Themselves Now!” and Erica Rucker’s “America… where are you going?”]

Some things I’m thinking about that should change (in that Southern, black grandmama voice):

1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.

8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.

9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.

10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.

#RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney •

Chanelle Helm is cofounder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter Louisville

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/
Sorry, looks like a real bunch of bullshit to me.

I don't care for the BLM or their tactics, but this is a little over the top, even for them.

Gonna have to drop the FAKE NEWS! here and move on.

Looks like your basic Facebook idiocy that somehow gets legs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sorry, looks like a real bunch of bullshit to me.

I don't care for the BLM or their tactics, but this is a little over the top, even for them.

Gonna have to drop the FAKE NEWS! here and move on.

Looks like your basic Facebook idiocy that somehow gets legs.
Agreed.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I honestly understand generational poverty and how there's a built in advantage. I get it. Demanding that someone fix it for you is the wrong approach though. That line of thinking is an exemption of the poverty mindset. You'll never change it generationally with that line of thinking.

Cotton

Staff member

Love this guy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cotton

Staff member

I can not relate.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I started listening to the audio book The Mis-Education of the Negro by Carter G. Woodson. Prompted partly by reading that Lecrae publicly said that he was distancing himself from the "white evangelicals" tribes. Also, a very intelligent and reasonable black woman tried to explain some things to me some of these things that were compelling.

I have no idea what to make of it and refuse to research the book first because I don't want to go in with biases.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Why do I get so annoyed when I see a young cracker trying to be black? I mean, maybe if you grow up with black folks, then yes. My much younger brother grew up around in black neighborhoods, has all black friends, married a black girl, has black kids...so I do understand that he had a little brotha rub off on him.

But these grill wearing suburb kids make me wanta punch them.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why do I get so annoyed when I see a young cracker trying to be black?
Ever notice how it's ok to use a racial slur to describe a white person? If somebody were to say something like 'Why do I get so annoyed when I see a young nigger trying to be white?' all hell would break loose.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ever notice how it's ok to use a racial slur to describe a white person? If somebody were to say something like 'Why do I get so annoyed when I see a young nigger trying to be white?' all hell would break loose.
It's because they are referred to as Uncle Tom... or refer to them as whitewashed. But only African Americans can say that.

Top Bottom