If Tony wanted one last shot.....

p1_

DCC 4Life
Roll the dice if everyone wants to -- we sure as shit aren't doing anything as we are now -- but the odds are very much against anything but a few exciting returns to the somewhat glory days of Romo while still not getting any closer to sustained success.
Yeah, it would be for this year only, and thus nothing would be sustained. Including the shit-show we keep seeing on offense each week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very true. But then the next series when he takes a minor hit and his collarbone explodes again we would all be on suicide watch. I'm not saying don't do this if Romo is agreeable but the whole "if Romo is healthy" thing is a pretty huge "if." Playing golf and broadcasting hasn't suddenly made his aging and worn body heal like that of a young man once again.

Roll the dice if everyone wants to -- we sure as shit aren't doing anything as we are now -- but the odds are very much against anything but a few exciting returns to the somewhat glory days of Romo while still not getting any closer to sustained success.
We won't go anywhere without him but we wouldn't go anywhere with him either in my opinion. I can't really imagine that people think a guy who hasn't played real football for over 2 years is just going to step back on the field at not skip a beat. Especially one who has been injured as much as him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We won't go anywhere without him but we wouldn't go anywhere with him either in my opinion. I can't really imagine that people think a guy who hasn't played real football for over 2 years is just going to step back on the field at not skip a beat. Especially one who has been injured as much as him.
Im sure the time off makes it ludicrous, but even at that, I bet his mechanics and accuracy are better than Daks today.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im sure the time off makes it ludicrous, but even at that, I bet his mechanics and accuracy are better than Daks today.
I agree with this. And maybe we win more games but in the end I doubt he is getting any further than he has his entire career.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The OL and running game were good enough in 2014 and 2016. A healthy Romo would undoubtedly make this team better. The problem is Garrett. We're not winning anything with that hack leading the way.

Which is why I'm not in favor of doing anything that would push the reset button on the countdown clock to his eventual firing.
The defense is much better this year than either of those years.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Is everyone forgetting that his nickname used to be Choko? The five picks on national TV against the Bears? The horrible throw in a crucial late-season game against Baltimore? He was exciting to watch, a good QB but not a great QB -- a sandlot, improvisational QB who forced throws and made boneheaded mistakes at the worst possible moment.

You guys are looking at Romo as a girlfriend you couldn't wait to dump but in retrospect had a nice body and was pretty good in bed. Fun, but ultimately disappointing.
:picard

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is everyone forgetting that his nickname used to be Choko? The five picks on national TV against the Bears? The horrible throw in a crucial late-season game against Baltimore? He was exciting to watch, a good QB but not a great QB -- a sandlot, improvisational QB who forced throws and made boneheaded mistakes at the worst possible moment.

You guys are looking at Romo as a girlfriend you couldn't wait to dump but in retrospect had a nice body and was pretty good in bed. Fun, but ultimately disappointing.
im talking about the final version of Romo, who seemed to finally get it, and didn't have those careless games in the last healthy season of 2014. I thought he had matured and gained football acumen to a very high point by then and was poised to do good things in 2016 had he stayed healthy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Funny but the Packer fans could be saying the same thing about Rogers but he still manages to get up get going again.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I know one thing for sure. He’d have Allen Hurns, and whoever those other scrubs are, pretty much household names among Cowboy fans.

Prescott has been pathetic. I’m done with his ass.

Romo probably wouldn’t be able to take much punishment, but he’d damn sure give this team a punchers chance as long as he was able to walk.

I’m thoroughly disgusted with Prescott. 2016 was a total sham. I’m amazed that it takes a year for defensive coordinators a year to figure out how to expose a poor QB sometimes.

Romo would be a damn fool to do it, but I’d bring him back in at this point and try to salvage my job if I were Garrett.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

~flush~

Every QB that has played the game for any length of time has games where they play badly. Romo's supposed choker label was given to him for a fucking botched FG hold. The rest is way more magnified by his own fans than anybody else because we watched him with more at stake than fans of other teams. Just like their teams players are either better or worse in their eyes than ours.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

You may view Romo in that manner but my eyes and minds sees what I consider to be the best performing QB to play for the Dallas Cowboys. He holds virtually every passing record for this franchise.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You may view Romo in that manner but my eyes and minds sees what I consider to be the best performing QB to play for the Dallas Cowboys. He holds virtually every passing record for this franchise.
I hold Romo in high regards, too. But just because he holds Dallas' passing records doesn't put him at or above Staubach and Aikman. Passing records over the last 10-15 years are highly watered down. Back in the day, a 300 yard passing day was a rare occasion. Anymore, average QBs ring them up quite regularly.

Put Aikman and Staubach in today's high volume passing attacks coupled with the pussified rules to help out the offenses and it would be a different story.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
im talking about the final version of Romo, who seemed to finally get it, and didn't have those careless games in the last healthy season of 2014. I thought he had matured and gained football acumen to a very high point by then and was poised to do good things in 2016 had he stayed healthy.
I will say this, he is an extremely intelligent football mind. I know he wouldn't want to do it but I'd love to see a guy like that coaching the Cowboys. He would make a perfect QB coach and probably future head coach.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I will say this, he is an extremely intelligent football mind. I know he wouldn't want to do it but I'd love to see a guy like that coaching the Cowboys. He would make a perfect QB coach and probably future head coach.
a damned sight better than Kellen MF Moore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
a damned sight better than Kellen MF Moore.
To be fair Kellen Moore has only ever learned from dudes like Linehan. Romo had the privilege of playing under brilliant coaches like Sean Payton and Parcells.

p1_

DCC 4Life
To be fair Kellen Moore has only ever learned from dudes like Linehan. Romo had the privilege of playing under brilliant coaches like Sean Payton and Parcells.
my point precisely.

p1_

DCC 4Life

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hold Romo in high regards, too. But just because he holds Dallas' passing records doesn't put him at or above Staubach and Aikman. Passing records over the last 10-15 years are highly watered down. Back in the day, a 300 yard passing day was a rare occasion. Anymore, average QBs ring them up quite regularly.

Put Aikman and Staubach in today's high volume passing attacks coupled with the pussified rules to help out the offenses and it would be a different story.
I have seen all the quarterbacks that have played and it’s my opinion that a that position Romo “performed” at the position as well or better than all who have played there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have seen all the quarterbacks that have played and it’s my opinion that a that position Romo “performed” at the position as well or better than all who have played there.
:lol

Ok.

Top Bottom