If Tony wanted one last shot.....

p1_

DCC 4Life
just for pure speculative fun, sport and amusement....

If Tony would even consider un-retiring, would you entertain bringing him back to salvage this crisis?

I say everything's on the table at this low point.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Assuming he had any escapability remaining, I would consider it. He knows and can run this shit, and he would be the only way the Garrett offense can be salvaged this year.

As for Dak, I have ZERO problem sitting him, he's earned it. Just like he took Romo's job, Romo can take it back. We still pay dead cap dollars on Tony too, so there's that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It would work for a game or two.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'd love to have him back, but I don't think his body can take it anymore.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It would be one of the most pathetic spectacles in the history of sports. But that's precisely why Jerry would go for it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would bring him back. Nothing to lose either way it bounces. There is a chance he would perform well. That would be an upgrade and I don’t look for Dak to make any major break throughs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We'd be the second best team in the conference with Romo, so yeah I'd do it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I would but even though he's slicker in the pocket than Prescott and more accurate, this line is so suspect that I don't trust them to keep him upright.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
If he wanted to come back then why not? But have we forgotten so quickly how brittle Romo was at the end? Romo staying healthy long enough to matter would be about as likely as Dak suddenly getting accurate and making quick, decisive reads.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Nope. Not at all.

Bring him back for what? To restart the clock on Garrett's firing? No thanks.

I'd rather take my lumps this year and hope it leads to some real long-term change.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nope. Not at all.

Bring him back for what? To restart the clock on Garrett's firing? No thanks.

I'd rather take my lumps this year and hope it leads to some real long-term change.
Knowing our luck Romo would last long enough to get in the playoffs then get hurt and we get knocked out round 1 but Jerry uses it as a reason to give Garrett another extension

p1_

DCC 4Life
If he wanted to come back then why not? But have we forgotten so quickly how brittle Romo was at the end? Romo staying healthy long enough to matter would be about as likely as Dak suddenly getting accurate and making quick, decisive reads.
You’re absolutely right. We would all cringe at the first and every tackle. But the moment he hit one of the numerous receivers that Dak Can’t hit or doesn’t see, we’d all be homering out .

p1_

DCC 4Life
A healthy and mobile Rormo could make this work. Even with a less than All Pro line . This line is good enough .

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A healthy and mobile Rormo could make this work. Even with a less than All Pro line . This line is good enough .
The OL and running game were good enough in 2014 and 2016. A healthy Romo would undoubtedly make this team better. The problem is Garrett. We're not winning anything with that hack leading the way.

Which is why I'm not in favor of doing anything that would push the reset button on the countdown clock to his eventual firing.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The OL and running game were good enough in 2014 and 2016. A healthy Romo would undoubtedly make this team better. The problem is Garrett. We're not winning anything with that hack leading the way.

Which is why I'm not in favor of doing anything that would push the reset button on the countdown clock to his eventual firing.
me either, this would be a swan song scenario. A one time, all or nothing proposition. No next year. It's clear Jason and the ship of fools is sinking fast, this is the equivalent of a lifeline to the dying.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
You’re absolutely right. We would all cringe at the first and every tackle. But the moment he hit one of the numerous receivers that Dak Can’t hit or doesn’t see, we’d all be homering out .
Very true. But then the next series when he takes a minor hit and his collarbone explodes again we would all be on suicide watch. I'm not saying don't do this if Romo is agreeable but the whole "if Romo is healthy" thing is a pretty huge "if." Playing golf and broadcasting hasn't suddenly made his aging and worn body heal like that of a young man once again.

Roll the dice if everyone wants to -- we sure as shit aren't doing anything as we are now -- but the odds are very much against anything but a few exciting returns to the somewhat glory days of Romo while still not getting any closer to sustained success.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I've seen how that movie ends. I'm ready to move on across the board.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Is everyone forgetting that his nickname used to be Choko? The five picks on national TV against the Bears? The horrible throw in a crucial late-season game against Baltimore? He was exciting to watch, a good QB but not a great QB -- a sandlot, improvisational QB who forced throws and made boneheaded mistakes at the worst possible moment.

You guys are looking at Romo as a girlfriend you couldn't wait to dump but in retrospect had a nice body and was pretty good in bed. Fun, but ultimately disappointing.

Top Bottom