Hats off to Cooper

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I mean this genuinely, not as an argument, but can you provide links for these claims and statements?

Kevin Williams caught 13 and 20 passes in the two years before starting. You’re saying in 1993 and 1994, Madden and Co. on this small sample was already, multiple times, making those comments?

Then, Jimmuh realized he had something better in Kevin Williams but refused to trade Alvin Harper for a first rounder?

Doesn’t add up.
I can’t cite links on the first, just memories of the games. And I don’t mean Williams specifically led to Harper becoming trade bait. Harper’s contract demands may have been more the source of that. He signed a one year deal with Dallas instead, then became a (bad) FA

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I can’t cite links on the first, just memories of the games. And I don’t mean Williams specifically led to Harper becoming trade bait. Harper’s contract demands may have been more the source of that. He signed a one year deal with Dallas instead, then became a (bad) FA
I can personally see Gallup going the Harper route.
A very good WR2 getting overpaid and struggling in the role of a WR1.
Coming into the year I had sorta looked at him as a potential 1 but his disappearing act has changed my mind.
Still like him, but I don't think he could handle the attention that Cooper gets while still being productive.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He deserves a raise.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Just a stud who flies under the radar because he the rare elite WR who isn't a diva.
Yes, exactly.
Funny enough is he might end up with 100 catches and well over 70% catch rate and yet there are a bunch of people over at cowboyszone.com that think he's a stiff because he's not a 10+ TD guy like Dez...

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I don't have any doubt about that.

There was a series where he got multiple opportunities in a row and fell short.
It's not unlike how the backup QB is always "better" than the QB1...until he's not.
I remember on a different site someone thought Terence Williams was the best receiver on the team when Dez was coming off that 2014 season.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
It's not unlike how the backup QB is always "better" than the QB1...until he's not.
I remember on a different site someone thought Terence Williams was the best receiver on the team when Dez was coming off that 2014 season.
I still have nightmares of that dude being wide open only to watch the ball bounce off his chest.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez in his prime was better than any WR playing on the team now, and that’s not a knock on anyone.

Looking forward to seeing Lamb mature, but Dez could take over a game. Dez needed help focusing, but when he was on he couldn’t be stopped.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dez in his prime was better than any WR playing on the team now, and that’s not a knock on anyone.

Looking forward to seeing Lamb mature, but Dez could take over a game. Dez needed help focusing, but when he was on he couldn’t be stopped.
RushingReceiving
RkPlayerFromToAVGAttYdsTDY/ALngRecYdsTDY/RLng
1Dez Bryant20102010712100.0045561612.546
2CeeDee Lamb 202020201174506.41953650412.343

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life

Prime Dez could out physical any corner and go up and get the ball.
2014 Dez is the best receiver I've ever seen play for Dallas (didn't see Irvin or Pearson).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prime Dez could out physical any corner and go up and get the ball.
2014 Dez is the best receiver I've ever seen play for Dallas (didn't see Irvin or Pearson).
Dez was great with Romo. But I'm not sure he does that with just any QB. Those two were a perfect pair. I thinm Dak for example does better with a Cooper type WR who runs great routes.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez was great with Romo. But I'm not sure he does that with just any QB. Those two were a perfect pair. I thinm Dak for example does better with a Cooper type WR who runs great routes.
Can you imagine combining Cooper and Dez... might just get you a Michael Irvin (with speed).

Top Bottom