Gregory Re-Signed (Soon) (lol signs with Denver)

Puttyism

♡☆
Here's how it's looking like things shook out....
I mean, I'm just shocked here at the stuff that's coming out.
Boys, we're fucked.
This gal disagrees. Gregory is nothing but a tool. Pat Bowlen won't put up w/his off field cocaine/ecstasy issues like Jerry has.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This gal disagrees. Gregory is nothing but a tool. Pat Bowlen won't put up w/his off field cocaine/ecstasy issues like Jerry has.
I've been pretty fucking annoyed with the way Stephen has treated contracts for awhile. I think he is awful at his job. But Gregory lashing out on Twitter also feels kind of bitchy and pathetic. I've been on his side in this deal and still am but I have less sympathy for the guy when he is basically shitting on fans for being upset he left. Just immature shit.

Still wish we wouldn't have fucked up the negotiation but I won't be surprised if Gregory has issues next year in Denver.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Cowboys, especially Stephen, were too close to Gregory in terms of the pride they’d invested.

Most NFL DE’s don’t need constant attention or “saving”. Gregory has talent, but it has been mostly squandered these eight seasons.

Now at age 29, you’ll never get the production a new contract demands. I think Stephen deep down knew this, and thus got stubborn with the drug clause in order to ship Gregory.

When they step back and actually hire professionals that apply consistent effort without getting hurt every five minutes, they will forget all about Gregory.

Let the Broncos brag about his three highlight sacks that make ESPN while quietly suffering his quarter season injured and below average production.

data

Forbes #1
I've been pretty fucking annoyed with the way Stephen has treated contracts for awhile. I think he is awful at his job. But Gregory lashing out on Twitter also feels kind of bitchy and pathetic. I've been on his side in this deal and still am but I have less sympathy for the guy when he is basically shitting on fans for being upset he left. Just immature shit.

Still wish we wouldn't have fucked up the negotiation but I won't be surprised if Gregory has issues next year in Denver.
It’s amazing that agents don’t have more control over their social media

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s amazing that agents don’t have more control over their social media
People on Twitter feel like they are having an actual conversation with a person but without the repercussions of saying it in person so they say all kinds of stupid shit. This is why Twitter is a wasteland to me. If I was an agent I'd tell my client, thank the fucking former fans and don't bother reading any more comments. You can't let nasty stuff on Twitter get under your skin this way.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
People on Twitter feel like they are having an actual conversation with a person but without the repercussions of saying it in person so they say all kinds of stupid shit. This is why Twitter is a wasteland to me. If I was an agent I'd tell my client, thank the fucking former fans and don't bother reading any more comments. You can't let nasty stuff on Twitter get under your skin this way.
Regarding Gregory's specific situation, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of fans were actually mature and wished him well. But as usual, it's the jackasses and clowns who get the most attention from athletes and celebs.

I noticed that trend and pointed it out in the past on Twitter. A certain celebrity will have 98% of the fans throwing adulations at them and the celebratory rarely responds with a thank you, a "like", or whatever. But when that small 2% of the population trolls them all of a sudden they have plenty of time to respond and have back and forth arguments with guys who really don't deserve their time.

Makes me believe that somewhere over time people have become wired to be attracted to negativity.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not recently, thats always been human nature. Case in point, the news, even before social media
Yep you have to look real hard to find a news station that will devote a decent amount of time to positive stories.

The few good news stories I do see are short 1 minute segments.

"Now that that story about the 7 year old saving his baby sister from drowning is out of the way, lets get back to the real news. We'll tell you why your home brewed coffee may be cutting years off your life. Next on Channel 7 Action News."

waldoputty

Banned for the Greater Good
is it true that gregory took the same deal in denver, probably minus that last minute clause, that he was offered in dallas?
considering colorado has state income taxes, he actually took less money?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
is it true that gregory took the same deal in denver, probably minus that last minute clause, that he was offered in dallas?
considering colorado has state income taxes, he actually took less money?
Yeah pretty much. I'm still not convinced that the weed industry in Denver didn't sway him some. Totally different lifestyle there. I'm a little concerned that moving away from his support system in Dallas could lead to disaster for him. We will see though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We dodged a bullet in my opinion.

I'm not one for paying a 29-year old speed player huge money based on one "successful" season where he was injured for about a quarter of it.

Not to mention he could be excessively fined any second for weed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We dodged a bullet in my opinion.

I'm not one for paying a 29-year old speed player huge money based on one "successful" season where he was injured for about a quarter of it.

Not to mention he could be excessively fined any second for weed.
That Draconian method of punishing someone for smoking a doob is no more.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That Draconian method of punishing someone for smoking a doob is no more.
He can’t be suspended any more. In theory they could take his entire salary at some point. Don’t know why Stephen was hung up on that, but he was. Personally I think he didn’t think Gregory was worth it and wanted an out while appearing to try

Top Bottom