Gregory Re-Signed (Soon) (lol signs with Denver)

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Instead of staying on a winning team with Lawrence and Parsons? Is the Wilson factor that strong?
They kicked our ass, photocopied the blueprint and taped it on everyone’s locker for all to giggle when school was back in session.

We changed a helmet stripe to red

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

data

Forbes #1
In none of the story details that has surfaced has there been any indication that Gregory provided a hometown discount.

@Angrymesscan

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
In none of the story details that has surfaced has there been any indication that Gregory provided a hometown discount.

@Angrymesscan
I don’t know how to quote another post and reply to yours, but it’s page of this thread about 4th reply @Simpleton quotes ”insider” sayin he took less to stay.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Sounds like he took less to stay.

How much less?

I'd guess not much, maybe 1-2 million/year, I wouldn't be surprised if he was being offered around 15/year by other teams but anything more than that would be pretty outlandish.
Here

data

Forbes #1
I don’t know how to quote another post and reply to yours, but it’s page of this thread about 4th reply @Simpleton quotes ”insider” sayin he took less to stay.
i know. For that brief period where Gregory was staying, It was all about how Cowboys are awesome in that we got a great deal because other teams bid more, but now it looks like those self-congratulating insiders fluffing up our Jones’ were just bullshitting the fans because nothing that has surfaced since corroborates that Gregory took less.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know. For that brief period where Gregory was staying, It was all about how Cowboys are awesome in that we got a great deal because other teams bid more, but now it looks like those self-congratulating insiders fluffing up our Jones’ were just bullshitting the fans because nothing that has surfaced since corroborates that Gregory took less.
Yeah looks like he got an identical deal from the Broncos without the bullshit clause Dallas wanted.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
Yeah looks like he got an identical deal from the Broncos without the bullshit clause Dallas wanted.
Not just that. Gregory was gonna sign with Broncos for more money and Cowboys had to match price.

This wasn’t a case of Gregory rebuffing Broncos higher offer to sign with Cowboys for less, then contract verbiage dispute and then Gregory switching to Broncos higher offer.

If identical price was eventually signed, then in order for ‘hometown discount’ story to be true, then Gregory would have to have allowed Broncos to lower their price to match the hometown Cowboys discount offer.

Schaffer told PFT by phone on Tuesday evening that he had negotiated an agreement between Gregory and the Broncos, and that it was basically done on Monday night. Then, the Cowboys got heavily involved

Per Schaffer, owner and G.M. Jerry Jones got Gregory on the phone to make the pitch. The Cowboys increased their offer to match Denver’s.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not just that. Gregory was gonna sign with Broncos for more money and Cowboys had to match price.

This wasn’t a case of Gregory rebuffing Broncos higher offer to sign with Cowboys for less, then contract verbiage dispute and then Gregory switching to Broncos higher offer.

If identical price was eventually signed, then in order for ‘hometown discount’ story to be true, then Gregory would have to have allowed Broncos to lower their price to match the hometown Cowboys discount offer.
No offense, Phil...but we already moved on from this grief to the embarrassment of losing two pass rushers today.

data

Forbes #1
No offense, Phil...but we already moved on from this grief to the embarrassment of losing two pass rushers today.
Hey, I’ve been busy. M’fer gotta work while you loaf. Move it to Nostalgia Thread then.

Give me a minute to process and then I can move onto us getting Von Miller.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You're kidding, right? Nothing is ever 'moved on' from around here.

Nothing.
No truer words have ever been spoken. :lol

Top Bottom