Great Comedians Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just about the only redeeming thing Carlin said there was that Dice has the right to say what he wants.

The stuff about certain groups should be off limits and that comedy traditionally punches up, I couldn't disagree more.

It's pretty much the woke mantra regarding comedy that groups that aren't mainstream or are seen as marginalized or oppressed should be off limits. I think that's ass backwards.

It's important that comedy and criticism in general has the opportunity and absolute right to punch up. But it should also have the absolute right to punch in any direction, and contrary to what Carlin says here it always has.

Saying certain groups should be off limits is absurd to me.

What's that old mantra? You can tell who rules you by who you aren't allowed to criticize? Saying certain groups are off limits is setting the parameters for who rules you.

Not only that, it doesn't engender sympathy for those groups, but rather resentment for getting special treatment. It has the exact opposite of the desired effect.

Lastly, if you don't have the ability to laugh at yourself or your own self-identified group, but don't have a problem laughing at others, ultimately not only is that a character flaw that reveals that you think you are better than other people, it means you take yourself too seriously.

And by the way, a huge chunk of who he jokes about from what I've heard of him is women. So we're just eliminating half the population from jokes and criticism then?

And I'm not a Dice fan really. But whether it's actually funny or not, I don't think he's doing anything wrong by making fun of gays or women or whomever. There's no one individually or in groups, in the history of the planet, who isn't at least a little bit absurd or above having it pointed out.
God dammit, that was beautiful to read. Mucho props, and I agree 100% with literally everything you said.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Before I piss off a Carlin fan, it’s entirely possible that he didn’t bad mouth gays, but I’m positive he’s used them in his act.

One in particular is his argument that Catholics should love gays because they don’t get abortions. I could easily see the LGBTQfag community taking exception with that statement. Men are women and women are men, these weirdos can become pregnant and abort babies.

data

Forbes #1
don’t know Saget’s standup well, but this tribute brought out a lot of star power for a well done fireside chat.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
don’t know Saget’s standup well, but this tribute brought out a lot of star power for a well done fireside chat.

I've seen a couple of his. He was a dirty talking sob. Not saying he wasn't funny just was surprising given he was famous for a family show

Spaulding

DCC 4Life
Before I piss off a Carlin fan, it’s entirely possible that he didn’t bad mouth gays, but I’m positive he’s used them in his act.

One in particular is his argument that Catholics should love gays because they don’t get abortions. I could easily see the LGBTQfag community taking exception with that statement. Men are women and women are men, these weirdos can become pregnant and abort babies.
If you really want to mind fuck a lefty and demonstrate that their ideology is in fact insane, just point out that if men can get pregnant as they claim, then men most certainly have a voice in the abortion debate. Suddenly men can't get pregnant anymore. The cognitive dissonance of trying to hold both views simultaneously will light their blue hair on fire.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you really want to mind fuck a lefty and demonstrate that their ideology is in fact insane, just point out that if men can get pregnant as they claim, then men most certainly have a voice in the abortion debate. Suddenly men can't get pregnant anymore. The cognitive dissonance of trying to hold both views simultaneously will light their blue hair on fire.
Their narrative always falls apart when a debate is allowed. That's why they cancel people so they can avoid that debate. They know their shit falls apart upon scrutiny. Mainly, because it is absolutely and unequivocally batshit crazy.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Like Louis CK, he's got a self-flagellating, anti-white streak that I don't like, probably because he's married to a black broad.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Burr has quickly become one of my favorite comedians in this era where comedy is kind of dead.
That Netflix special he just put out was pretty funny.

Also, have you seen the bit he did where he wonders whatever happened to Hitler's family name? Shit is hilarious.

Top Bottom