Golf Thread

D

Deuce

Tiger's play turned on a dime again and finished 1 over for the day. Nice to see Furyck back near the top even though I don't expect him to stay there.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tiger's play turned on a dime again and finished 1 over for the day. Nice to see Furyck back near the top even though I don't expect him to stay there.
As has been the case in practically all of the majors, he stumbles down the stretch.

There may be 3 days left, but I'll call it now - he's not winning this.

I'm a fan of the guy, but he just doesn't have it right now in majors. He falls apart every time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jason Day is now at -5 and just 1 behind the lead.

I like the guy and would enjoy seeing him get a major since he has gotten so close in quite a few of them as of late.

Carl

RIP Brother
Tiger is playing too conservative...missing too many puts.

My bets were looking good, lets see how the weekend plays out.

Carl

RIP Brother
Bets are not looking good at all now, lol. Need Scott to close and maybe Johnson to sneak into top 6.

Personally, I don't want Furyk, Dufner or Blixt to win, which means one of those will. Dufner should be fav now.

Carl

RIP Brother
I have said for a while that I think Brandel Chamblee is the best commentator in American Sports.

This is an interesting article from him, and while he may be off a touch, he is spot on with the Tiger Woods' overall bullying mentality. Tiger and Lance A are so similar, I find them both disgusting.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-gets-f-brandel-chamblees-year-end-grades?eref=sihp

Here is the part of the article that matters:

Tiger Woods F: When I was in the fourth grade, I cheated on a math test and when I got the paper back it had "100" written at the top and just below the grade, was this quote, "Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!" It was an oft-quoted line from the epic poem "Marmion" by Sir Walter Scott, and my teacher's message was clear. Written once more beneath that quote was my grade of "100", but this time with a line drawn through it and beneath that an F. I never did ask my teacher how she knew I cheated and I certainly didn't protest the grade. I knew I had done the wrong thing and my teacher the right, but I never forgot the way I felt when I read that quote.

I remember when we only talked about Tiger's golf. I miss those days. He won five times and contended in majors and won the Vardon Trophy and ... how shall we say this ... was a little cavalier with the rules.

I'm not in the business of predicting wins or scores but am often asked to do so. Before the events started, I predicted that Adam Scott would win the Masters, Phil Mickeslon would win the Open Championship and Stacy Lewis would win the Women's Open Championship, but I also said that Tiger would win the U.S. Open and he would do so with a record score. I also said that Tiger, coming off his 7-shot win at Bridgestone, would win the PGA Championship. So I was 3 for 5 in the majors that I predicted and 0-1 in scores, which makes me even money in the betting world and 50 percent in the academic world, which is an F.

But at least I earned this one honestly.

Carl

RIP Brother
So Tiger is trying to exert influence to get a commentator fired....he won't be as successful this time as he was with Fuzzy. More and more each day he reminds me of Lance Armstrong. A Bully, plain and simple.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's crazy how Tiger used to be the best player on Sunday turn into a guy who is almost guarantee to suck on Sundays now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tiger will miss the Masters after having surgery for a pinched nerve in his back.

Carl

RIP Brother
Tiger will miss the Masters after having surgery for a pinched nerve in his back.
Too bad. As much as I dislike Tiger, he has a presence that no other golfer has; still, I will be watching as much of the Masters as I can. Two months ago, I liked Jason Day to get the Green Jacket from his fellow Aussie; but with Day's injuries, Phil's woes and Tiger's absence; I think Adam Scott is quite a big favorite to repeat.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, sucks to not have Tiger in this thing.

Oh well, pulling for Jason Day and Mickelson to get it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Spieth just made a clutch putt and Kuchar chips in. Bubba is spraying his drives. Couples is right there too...only 3 back, props, Fred.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fucking Spieth! Amazing shot from the bunker.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Carp

DCC 4Life
Surprised you are not rooting for the 20 year old Texas kid.

Top Bottom