Golf Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't listen to that Doggie, alcohol is not a friend to golf unless it is done at the 19th hole.
I normally drink more when I play. Helps me cope. :lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tiger had two solid rounds...his -2 looks damn good right now. Those greens are not making it easy, the guys going out late will have even faster greens.

D

Deuce

Tiger had two solid rounds...his -2 looks damn good right now. Those greens are not making it easy, the guys going out late will have even faster greens.
I haven't paid attention to today yet, but Rory just continues to amaze me. He gets all the way to #1 and he's just sucked ass ever since. Shot like a 78 yesterday. What a flame out that kid has become. David Duval style.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I watched yesterday as Rory putted from one side of the green into the bunker off the green on the other side.

As an aside...that -2 is looking good for Tiger now. Cabrera leads at -4 and Johnson is now -3.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This course is so dry...I thought it rained like crazy in Scotland.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This course is so dry...I thought it rained like crazy in Scotland.
Most of those courses in Scotland near the ocean are hard packed sand. Water just goes through it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He is playing smart and putting well. I like him to win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He'll end up choking. He's not a strong closer anymore.
I don't know if I'm ready to call him a choker, but he definitely has issues these days finishing.

Hasn't finished strong in a major in a very long time.

This tournament, just like the US Open, is there for the taking if he could only shoot a solid 4 rounds. Instead, he's fighting just to shoot average.

It's still within reach and he can win tomorrow, but it's gonna take at least a -3 or -4 round.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is not going to take a -3 round. I think the winner ends up 1 or 2 under. If you want a choker look no further than Westwood.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Keep an eye on Stenson. He is pretty strong in these situations.

Carl

RIP Brother
My bets are for the most part done. Have three left. Sergio (emotional bet), Lefty and Adam Scott. I think Westwood wins.

Carl

RIP Brother
I haven't paid attention to today yet, but Rory just continues to amaze me. He gets all the way to #1 and he's just sucked ass ever since. Shot like a 78 yesterday. What a flame out that kid has become. David Duval style.
Rory won't be a David Duval, but he needs a big time assessment on what's going on.

Carl

RIP Brother
I don't know if I'm ready to call him a choker, but he definitely has issues these days finishing.

Hasn't finished strong in a major in a very long time.

This tournament, just like the US Open, is there for the taking if he could only shoot a solid 4 rounds. Instead, he's fighting just to shoot average.

It's still within reach and he can win tomorrow, but it's gonna take at least a -3 or -4 round.
So, you might be close to calling Tiger Woods a choker? Are you joking? He just isn't as good as he once was, which was the most dominant golfer in history. Albeit it for about an 8 year period.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Poulter is playing his balls off now. Slow start for Tiger.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tiger doesn't have it today.

If he bogeys this hole here , he might as well call it a day.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So, you might be close to calling Tiger Woods a choker? Are you joking? He just isn't as good as he once was, which was the most dominant golfer in history. Albeit it for about an 8 year period.
Yes, Chuck, we know you hate Tiger and blah blah blah.

He's still the best golfer in the game when he's on his game. He's close, he just hasn't put it all together in a major yet.

It's just a matter of time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yes, Chuck, we know you hate Tiger and blah blah blah.

He's still the best golfer in the game when he's on his game. He's close, he just hasn't put it all together in a major yet.

It's just a matter of time.
Only in WGAS tournaments.

During majors he's more inclined to piss down his leg over the weekend than make a charge up the leader board.

His collapse today is nothing new. He's been doing this the past few years.

Top Bottom