Giants Stuff...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I know this seems like a slaughter waiting to happen but I can just see bad things.

The Giants are going to play their best game. I am not certain about Dallas.
I'm afraid we come out and play too cute trying to show Jerry they really have changed the offense

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm afraid we come out and play too cute trying to show Jerry they really have changed the offense
I am not going to lie. This just reeks of an L.

And not really about talent. Just want to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Eli just sucks so bad. But when you consider the number of stars on our team just returning to practice it's scary.

Lawrence
Byrin Jones
Zach Martin
Tyron Smith
Cooper
Possibly Zeke

I just don't know how ready they can be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eli just sucks so bad. But when you consider the number of stars on our team just returning to practice it's scary.

Lawrence
Byrin Jones
Zach Martin
Tyron Smith
Cooper
Possibly Zeke

I just don't know how ready they can be.
So you are saying they aren't prepared for the fury?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

The Giants always play us hard too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I know this seems like a slaughter waiting to happen but I can just see bad things.

The Giants are going to play their best game. I am not certain about Dallas.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this take shocking.

Completely out of left field.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this take shocking.

Completely out of left field.
I realize I am a pessimist. But the situation is pretty ripe.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
All this pessimism about one player who probably will not play. He isn’t the majority of talent on the team. Dallas still has a lot of good talented players who will suit up and some who will probably step up to fill the gap. What’s the basis for all the nervous Nellie reaction?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I realize I am a pessimist. But the situation is pretty ripe.
Just f'n with you. I actually feel a little of the same. New OC, half the team barely practiced, Zeke situation, etc... Bad things, man.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just f'n with you. I actually feel a little of the same. New OC, half the team barely practiced, Zeke situation, etc... Bad things, man.
Maybe Garrett would get moved up into the front office after the game and Go ahead and start the Moore era.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe Garrett would get moved up into the front office after the game and Go ahead and start the Moore era.
If the year doesn’t go right according to Jones criteria, Garrett will go or at least vacate the HC job. At that point I think Jones will go for new fresh talented Coaches such as Lincoln Riley or on that level. The timing would be predicated on everyone being finished with their season and before recruiting at the college level.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If the year doesn’t go right according to Jones criteria, Garrett will go or at least vacate the HC job. At that point I think Jones will go for new fresh talented Coaches such as Lincoln Riley or on that level. The timing would be predicated on everyone being finished with their season and before recruiting at the college level.
He will go. Right up to some cushy front office job. Team motivational speaker and clapper GM. Moore is going to be in the picture. He will either get the job or be the OC for the new coach and HC in training. Its the way it goes in Dallas.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
half the team barely practiced
This is a problem.

D has to all-out assault Eli, but NY will be ready for that unlike last year when we got Eli face multiple times.

I’m looking forward to a game without Zeke mainly for our fucking coaches to try something else 48% of the time.

48% is just so god-damned lazy

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not predicting anything but I think this game actually has the feel of a Dallas blow out win. Like, Dallas rolls the Giants by 2 or 3 TDs.

I think Manning is dying on the vine and I think many Cowboys are gonna be hungry for contract extensions. Our defense has also looked quite strong in the preseason.

This season may end up ultimately disappointing but it has a 1994-like feel to me, pre-regular season. By that I mean, relative to expectations, you have plenty of worries, and many of those worries are going to end up being very valid, and the team will probably fall short of it's goal (for the 2019, be that a playoff win or a championship game appearance or whatever), but I do think the team has enough carry-over talent and players who are somewhat motivated, even if for personal reasons, that they will start strong. Before the problems end up surfacing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I understand this team's m.o. the past couple...decades has been to go belly up in games like this and not match the lesser opponent's intensity and whatnot.

But this team feels different to me. I'm normally very skeptical of them, but I feel like this team is going to lay some smacks down, including against the giants.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, I understand this team's m.o. the past couple...decades has been to go belly up in games like this and not match the lesser opponent's intensity and whatnot.

But this team feels different to me. I'm normally very skeptical of them, but I feel like this team is going to lay some smacks down, including against the giants.
It’s a division game and it shouldn’t be a problem getting the heartbeats reeved up. My take is that every single member of the team will be more than anxious to show they are a good team even without Elliot. If Elliot is not suited up then the rest of the squad has something to prove.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm not predicting anything but I think this game actually has the feel of a Dallas blow out win. Like, Dallas rolls the Giants by 2 or 3 TDs.
Yeah, I'm totally with the others who don't like the tone of everyone sitting out camp, the Superbowl talk, Jerry openly needing Zeke for the playoffs and not now, and more talk about money and contracts than football.

But I think the Giants are going to really suck. Eli is completely finished. IMO the Giants have a better chance in the rematch up there if Jones gets to start and throws something unexpected at us.

So I expect an easy win Sunday. Where I'm with the doubters is that second game at Washington. We'll be way overconfident after one home win, and the Skins have actually been pretty good the last few years until injuries decimated them.

Top Bottom