Garrett Watch Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not that this is what is going to happen, but if Jerry announced that he and Goof Son were stepping back from the franchise, and Garrett was made full time GM, would you take that?

I think you’d have to. Garrett is no longer coach and Jerry is no longer GM. You take that new arrangement because it fucking has to be better than the last 25 years.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
So the new coach would have the old coach, who did nothing, hanging around offering advice. That's Jerry for you.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not that this is what is going to happen, but if Jerry announced that he and Goof Son were stepping back from the franchise, and Garrett was made full time GM, would you take that?

I think you’d have to. Garrett is no longer coach and Jerry is no longer GM. You take that new arrangement because it fucking has to be better than the last 25 years.
I wouldn't. Garrett would be a terrible GM. And if we are afraid to outright fire the guy for being a bad coach I seriously doubt we would fire him for being a terrible GM either. It would be like more Jerry with a different name.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

For me, it would depend on how long they planned on staying wed to it if it wasn't working. If it failed and they moved on within a reasonable time frame, I could accept it. If they plan on wasting another decade, hard pass.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Do we at least get rid of Garrett's antiquated playbook in this scenario?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
For me, it would depend on how long they planned on staying wed to it if it wasn't working. If it failed and they moved on within a reasonable time frame, I could accept it. If they plan on wasting another decade, hard pass.
Its already been 2+. Whats another decade or two?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
He'll always be the best for my money. Being the best is about reliability. Emmitt was never going to turn in negative yards in a postseason game like Barry Sanders did against Green Bay.
Always showed up big in the big games, as did Irvin.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I don't think for one minute that Garrett is coming back. Don't have any damn idea what this circus is about, other than extra camera time for Jerry. But even by Jerry's moronic standards, keeping Garrett would be ridiculous. That would possibly be what pushes Cowboys faithfuls over the edge. I think hardcore fans would walk, and season ticket holders would evaporate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think for one minute that Garrett is coming back. Don't have any damn idea what this circus is about, other than extra camera time for Jerry. But even by Jerry's moronic standards, keeping Garrett would be ridiculous. That would possibly be what pushes Cowboys faithfuls over the edge. I think hardcore fans would walk, and season ticket holders would evaporate.
I don't think Jerry would do it. He has to save face at this point.

bkeavs

Not So New Member
Im not sure this is even news but apparently Jerry is seriously considering keeping Garret as head coach. Im not an insider but my cousin has direct knowledge of Garretts situation. The truth of the matter is that I could care less about Dallas much anymore because of Jerry.
I rarely ask my cousin about Dallas anymore but I happened to tonight and he told me that Garret thinks he's staying hence no announcement of him not being fired.
Said him, Jerry and Stephen have been in constant communication

Its blow your brain out news for any Cowboys fan so I apologize.

I pray he's wrong and Im wrong

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, he wasn't as fast as some. As flashy as some. Or as good of a receiver. But when you put it all together... rushing, receiving, blocking, durability, dependability, etc... He was the best.
I'll sign a non-aggression pact if you will.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Im not sure this is even news but apparently Jerry is seriously considering keeping Garret as head coach. Im not an insider but my cousin has direct knowledge of Garretts situation. The truth of the matter is that I could care less about Dallas much anymore because of Jerry.
I rarely ask my cousin about Dallas anymore but I happened to tonight and he told me that Garret thinks he's staying hence no announcement of him not being fired.
Said him, Jerry and Stephen have been in constant communication

Its blow your brain out news for any Cowboys fan so I apologize.

I pray he's wrong and Im wrong

Top Bottom