Garrett Watch Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I told yall you are underestimating how bad Jerry wants to keep Garrett, if the Eagles had lost I have no doubt Garrett would already have an extension
I think there is something to this.

You can’t bring him back as coach though. It would mean Jones has officially lost it and that Stephen is no better. But I’m telling you that I have no doubt Jerry is contemplating at least whether there is some other role for Garrett.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That there's still doubt as to whether he's gone after an 8-8 finish with no playoffs pretty much proves our point
That's just it. I don't think there's much doubt at all. Garrett's gone. We all know Jones is an attention whore. He's just dragging this out past black monday so he can have the spotlight. Have you ever known him to do something quickly? We all know he loves to wait to announce things until he'll get maximum coverage.

data

Forbes #1
Seriously? Who the hell would be pussy enough to whine about Schmitty and Garrett via PMs?

:lol
This shall be the offseason entertainment. Who wants to lead a taskforce to uncover the Pussy Messenger?

data

Forbes #1
Nobody that Jerruh wants to have the job wants the job.

Better off giving Garrett one more shot. Sometimes it just slips away from the best of them.

Wonder what Jerruh-ism cliche he'll give this time..."best storm survival tactic is to stand in the same place where lightning just struck"

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think the reason for this nonsense and the delays is because Jerry wants to see if Garrett will take some other role in the organization, scouting department, some shit like that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think there is something to this.

You can’t bring him back as coach though. It would mean Jones has officially lost it and that Stephen is no better. But I’m telling you that I have no doubt Jerry is contemplating at least whether there is some other role for Garrett.

Ive said this was going to happen for years. He is going in the front office in some made up capacity. Just can't get rid of the stank.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yup.

We tried to warn them.
There’s a reason that Jones hasn’t already renewed Garrett’s contract and will allow it to expire. The obvious one is to give this past season as a trial for Garrett to see with the improved personnel for this past season, what he could accomplish. He got his answer and it seems obvious he wasn’t pleased with the outcome. I don’t think he will ignore the seasons performance otherwise he would have already resigned him.

GShock

DCC 4Life
There’s a reason that Jones hasn’t already renewed Garrett’s contract and will allow it to expire. The obvious one is to give this past season as a trial for Garrett to see with the improved personnel for this past season, what he could accomplish. He got his answer and it seems obvious he wasn’t pleased with the outcome. I don’t think he will ignore the seasons performance otherwise he would have already resigned him.
I think this is the correct take. He had every opportunity to extend him after last year - won the division, playoff win, otherwise headed into lame duck coaching year - but he didn't. There's no way, given the abysmal performance this year against teams with a pulse, that he gets extended.

I have no doubt he wants to keep Garrett in the organization in some capacity. I think the question is 1) whether whomever he's bringing in as head coach has an objection, and 2) whether Garrett thinks he has more attractive options elsewhere.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Jerry has a ton invested in Garrett -- personally and professionally. To just cut Red Pube lose at this point means, by default, that Jerry has wasted 10 years and a lot of money. It makes Jerry look incompetent, which of course he is.

So Jerry may be a victim of the Sunk Cost Fallacy, that a sum paid in the past may somehow influence decisions about the future. The way to salvage some small amount face would be to keep Red Pube on in some kind of front office job, like he got promoted or something.

That would be the worst thing you could do for an incoming coach, and the players. I'd be amazed if any incoming coach even agreed to it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think this is the correct take. He had every opportunity to extend him after last year - won the division, playoff win, otherwise headed into lame duck coaching year - but he didn't. There's no way, given the abysmal performance this year against teams with a pulse, that he gets extended.

I have no doubt he wants to keep Garrett in the organization in some capacity. I think the question is 1) whether whomever he's bringing in as head coach has an objection, and 2) whether Garrett thinks he has more attractive options elsewhere.
Same. I think he's looking at making Garrett an offer and they are going to work out what kind of pay cut he's willing to take given how he's going to get zero offers in pro football anywhere else.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What is there to marinate over? He was given a goal to meet and a set of consequences if not. He didnt come near meeting the goal so just announce that we will be looking for a new HC.

I know its just selfish for me to want to know and all. I just want to openly celebrate!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marinate, propagate, masturbate, celebrate.....I don’t care what “ate” it is.....just don’t let Garrett be the HC again.
Jerry is taking his time because he loves Garrett and wants to be respectful to the guy. But ultimately its best to rip the bandaid off like breaking up with a girl. Don't lead them along and go to their family Christmas before you dump them. Just cut the cord and move on.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Jerry is taking his time because he loves Garrett and wants to be respectful to the guy. But ultimately its best to rip the bandaid off like breaking up with a girl. Don't lead them along and go to their family Christmas before you dump them. Just cut the cord and move on.
Maybe Jerry even says, "It's not you, it's me."

data

Forbes #1
He’s waiting to see if the Eagles advance to the Super Bowl because he’ll know if the Cowboys lost to worthy opponent.

Top Bottom