Garrett Watch Thread...

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If we don't get one of the "splash" guys (Meyer, Riley, pie in the sky shot for Payton, etc.) I think Campbell is the guy, which I'd be pretty happy with depending on what type of staff he brings in.

I wouldn't love the fact that it'd be a "in the family" type of hire but I think Campbell is objectively a very solid HC candidate.
Those “in the family” hires are the problem with this organization. Those inbred rednecks refuse to fire poor performers because of that relationship, and now you want to potentially revisit it after 10 years of living with that stink?

Oh. Fuck. No.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If true I think this bodes well that Jerry isn't going to force assistants on the next HC, hopefully at least.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Damnit

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Those “in the family” hires are the problem with this organization. Those inbred rednecks refuse to fire poor performers because of that relationship, and now you want to potentially revisit it after 10 years of living with that stink?

Oh. Fuck. No.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Oh. Fuck. No.
Sure but Campbell is actually a legit HC candidate with pedigree. I doubt we'd see a similar dog-like devotion out of Jerry for Campbell as we did for Garrett.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Please be true.

The only guy I would've fought to keep is Kitna because Dak made great strides, especially with his accuracy going down the field.

But I have no issues with totally cleaning house.

Much much much needed and years overdue.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
motherfucker. the good vibes lasted for like one minute. if something is too good to be true ...
Exactly.

You knew that shit was way too good to be true.

There are absolutely going to be a handful of guys that Jerry is going to force onto the new guy.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Exactly.

There are absolutely going to be a handful of guys that Jerry is going to force onto the new guy.
Which is why he won’t land a top coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly.

In all fairness it should be the new coaches decision and not Jerry's. If the new coach wants to keep someone he should have the authority to do so. But none of us trust Jerry not to force someone down his throat.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wonder if he will get a shot somewhere to be an assistant. He did lead a top offense.
I think he has some promise and I strongly believe that Garrett progressively took more control of the offense as the season went on, so we never got to truly see what Moore could and couldn't do.

Having said that, I still prefer to go another direction because this is a very inexperienced guy who wasn't qualified to be given the quarterback coach assignment and was even less qualified to be an offensive coordinator.

I'd prefer to get someone with more skins on the wall than to let this guy learn on the job.

I think we've suffered through enough of that over the last 10 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Oh. Fuck. No.
Campbell played here as a backup to Witten and as a blocking TE for a couple years. I'd hardly say he's in the family portrait.

Top Bottom