Garrett Watch Thread...

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I don't know if he would want to. He sure does not sound like it.

Now Urban Meyer? He'd jump for it right away.
My only concern about Meyer is his health. Didn't he retire because of health issues?
Not to mention, working for Jerry would give just about anyone brand new ailments

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My only concern about Meyer is his health. Didn't he retire because of health issues?
Not to mention, working for Jerry would give just about anyone brand new ailments
He basically makes that shit up when he's ready to bail, I'd be ok with him but I doubt he'd be here more than about 5 years since he seems to be a guy who gets antsy if he stays anywhere more than a handful of years. The big unknown is whether or not he can handle the grind of the NFL compared to college, same goes for Riley or anybody else not named Harbaugh coming from college.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jason Garrett & coaching staff to blame for Cowboys loss to Patriots

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
If I were Jerry, I would seriously consider reaching out to both Parcells and Jimmy Johnson for their advice on who to go after. Both of them were detail oriented, and that is the type of HC this team needs.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
If I were Jerry, I would seriously consider reaching out to both Parcells and Jimmy Johnson for their advice on who to go after. Both of them were detail oriented, and that is the type of HC this team needs.
:lol :lol

that fucker would never tuck tail and ask Jimmy for help, maybe Parcells but he couldn't wait to run him out of town either.

jeri thinks he knows all the answers anyway

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Man, I'd at least take a long hard look at him and interview the crap out of him. He's been with Belichick for like 15 of the last 18 years, he's worked for Saban and he had a short 2 year stint as HC in Denver which may be reason not to hire him or it could be the lessons he needed to learn before he was truly ready to be head coach. That was 10 years ago and he was 33. He's been good enough for Belichick all this time so I'm inclined to think he might be a pretty decent coach. That's a hell of a lot of exposure to the best coaching in the history of the league so I think he at least deserves consideration.

He's probably smart enough not to work for jeri tho
I don't like him at all.

He ruined Denver before they canned him. He also was a bit of a prick for standing up the Colts.

I wouldn't waste my time with him. The fact that he has come from Belichick's tree is not exactly a bullet point I find from his resume that is practical.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Belichick was better on his second stint in the league. Ditto Vermeil. Maybe McDaniels will enjoy similar luck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Another feather for Garrett's clown cap.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I don't like him at all.

He ruined Denver before they canned him. He also was a bit of a prick for standing up the Colts.

I wouldn't waste my time with him. The fact that he has come from Belichick's tree is not exactly a bullet point I find from his resume that is practical.
Duly noted, that seems to be the common view by seemingly every fan of the Cowboys who responds to this suggestion (or perhaps they're the vocal minority).

Irregardless, I would leave no stone left unturned if it was my job to hire a head coach and would least interview him to find out what he's learned while with Belichick, from his short stint in Denver, why he left Indy high and dry, what his aspirations are for coaching, etc, etc

His time with the Pats may prove to be inconsequential but I have a real hard time believing that so imho, he deserves consideration

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
His time with the Pats may prove to be inconsequential but I have a real hard time believing that so imho, he deserves consideration
I wouldn't hate hiring him -- ABG -- but what would make him different from the umpteen other Belichick assistants who have all failed once they left him?

Who's the most successful former BB coach? Bill O'Brien?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I wouldn't hate hiring him -- ABG -- but what would make him different from the umpteen other Belichick assistants who have all failed once they left him?

I dont know, thats why I'd want to interview him. See how ambitious he is, has Belichick been grooming him? Is his long term aspiration to be a head coach? Why didn't he take the Indy job? Because he wanted to keep milking the training he was getting under Bill? Etc? Etc?

I'm thinking maybe Mike Vrabel but now that I wiki it, he wasn't a coach under Belichick so I guess Bill O'Brien?

Its all moot anyway because the main problem in Dallas isn't the coaching and that albatross to winning cant be overcome by anyone.

If McDaniels has learned anything under Belichick, he wouldn't take the job in Dallas if offered. And if that ever happened, I'd actually feel good about hiring him as head coach in Dallas.

Oh, the irony!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I dont know, thats why I'd want to interview him. See how ambitious he is, has Belichick been grooming him? Is his long term aspiration to be a head coach? Why didn't he take the Indy job? Because he wanted to keep milking the training he was getting under Bill? Etc? Etc?
He'd have to have one helluva answer for why he backed out of the Colts job for me to hire him, but Jerry's in charge so no telling what direction he'd go this time

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
SPEAK for YOURSELF | Will Jason Garrett be fired if Cowboys lose to Bills Thursday

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't hate hiring him -- ABG -- but what would m.ake him different from the umpteen other Belichick assistants who have all failed once they left him?

O'Brien was barely a blip on the Treeeeeeeeeeeee radar. I don't even count him.

McDaniels has a real franchise destruction to his credit. Patricia does not look all that healthy either.

Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Al Groh, Matt Vrabel.

All fehs until Vrabel. He is about the only guy who could emerge.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jason Garrett just revealed he's negligent in his duties as head coach.

Top Bottom