Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN - Cardinals, DT Tommy Kelly reach agreement on 1-year contract - source; 36.5 sacks over 10 seasons

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Redskins claimed SS Duke Ihenacho off waivers from the Broncos.
Aug 31 - 1:06 PM

I was hoping we would put in for him and/or Major Wright..should have known better

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Browns claimed WR LaRon Byrd off waivers from the Cowboys.
Aug 31 - 1:20 PM

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No doubt.

~heads to FF league~
FYI the guy they do have that I think is a sleeper at wr is Charles Johnson that they got from Green Bay when they tried to sneak him thru waivers when he got hurt last year

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Texans acquired QB Ryan Mallett from the Patriots.
Aug 31 - 1:31 PM

guess they got something for him after all [MENTION=17]ravidubey[/MENTION]

so it's NOT a wasted pick :towel

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Texans acquired QB Ryan Mallett from the Patriots.
Aug 31 - 1:31 PM

guess they got something for him after all [MENTION=17]ravidubey[/MENTION]

so it's NOT a wasted pick :towel

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Less than I thought they would get but better than nothing

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
When asked why Sam is completely out of the organization the Rams replied:

"All we want to do is focus on football, we signed Sam the player, but realized we bit off much more than we can chew. ESPN and other media outlets won't leave us alone. We're ok with sports questions, but we're not comfortable with feeling like TMZ just infiltrated the organization, the constant phone calls are staggering. We just want to focus on football."

What other team is going to take that on? Makes a case for keeping your personal business your personal business. Imagine that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

"All we want to do is focus on football, we signed Sam the player, but realized we bit off much more than we can chew. ESPN and other media outlets won't leave us alone. We're ok with sports questions, but we're not comfortable with feeling like TMZ just infiltrated the organization, the constant phone calls are staggering. We just want to focus on football."

What other team is going to take that on? Makes a case for keeping your personal business your personal business. Imagine that.
They didn't say that, did they?
If so, there will be rainbows of faux socially conscious rage raining down upon them shortly.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I can see that as a valid reason for an organization passing on him, or the next guy that comes out. But unfortunately, the Rams will be the villain for this. It the media would just STFU and stop the constant 24hr coverage on stuff like this, it sure would make it a lot easier for players to live their life and do their job.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can see that as a valid reason for an organization passing on him, or the next guy that comes out. But unfortunately, the Rams will be the villain for this. It the media would just STFU and stop the constant 24hr coverage on stuff like this, it sure would make it a lot easier for players to live their life and do their job.
It is too much hassle for a guy who doesn't put out. I mean...for a guy who doesn't have much output onto the field.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Agreed. Did you see ESPN reporting on his showering habits last week? They got destroyed for that one. Instead of admitting they were wrong they dug in and reaired the segment a few more times claiming it had news value or some shit.

The next day they finally caved and admitted they were wrong.

Considering that fiasco I can see why teams would be hesitant to bring him in despite his production.

Speaking of his production. Yesterday Adam Schefter tweeted out these numbers. 12 players had 2.5 or more sacks in the preseason. 10 are on 53 man rosters. One is on a practice squad. The other is Michael Sam.

That's pretty much all the proof you need to conclude that his sexuality is the reason he's excluded from the league.

If they aren't careful the NFL may open themselves up to an EEO civil lawsuit. On the surface it appears he has a case. Of course he'd never be able to play in the league if he pursued this but it appears that he may have a case should he choose to pursue it.

Top Bottom