Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Newt

DCC 4Life
There should be many high dollar Cowboys coming across this thread but I doubt there will be.

Cotton

Staff member

Newt

DCC 4Life
Besides Ware and Austin, who would you cut?
That's a good question. I don't know. As frustrated as I was I would just assume cut anybody. But when you actually go through the roster and you put names on it I'm not sure who I would cut. We have so little depth I don't know that we could cut any starters and e able to replace them. Offensive line was decent and those guys aren't expensive, we have no one else on the d-line to cut, hatcher and spencer will probably be gone and I would let Ware go. Can't cut Dez or Terrance Williams, the other guys are cheap. Unless we draft a qb in the 1st Romo has to be back. We just don't have many options. It sucks that bad.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's a good question. I don't know. As frustrated as I was I would just assume cut anybody. But when you actually go through the roster and you put names on it I'm not sure who I would cut. We have so little depth I don't know that we could cut any starters and e able to replace them. Offensive line was decent and those guys aren't expensive, we have no one else on the d-line to cut, hatcher and spencer will probably be gone and I would let Ware go. Can't cut Dez or Terrance Williams, the other guys are cheap. Unless we draft a qb in the 1st Romo has to be back. We just don't have many options. It sucks that bad.
Ware and Austin are the two that need to go right now. The rest of our cap problem is dead money that will have to take care of itself.

Cotton

Staff member
Is it feasible to cut Spencer loose?
He isn't under contract now. He will be a FA. I would only keep him if he takes a reasonable deal. If he wants 3 for 20 mill or whatever, he can walk.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I dont think the cowboys are in any position to let go any defensive lineman. Hopefully Free Agency makes that a little bit more interesting

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He isn't under contract now. He will be a FA. I would only keep him if he takes a reasonable deal. If he wants 3 for 20 mill or whatever, he can walk.
Are you kidding? I wouldn't even offer him more than a one year contract, bare bones with incentives.

Cotton

Staff member
Are you kidding? I wouldn't even offer him more than a one year contract, bare bones with incentives.
I was more stating what I think he and his agent will be gunning for in FA. I wasn't insinuating that I would give him even close to that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I was more stating what I think he and his agent will be gunning for in FA. I wasn't insinuating that I would give him even close to that.
The market was shit last year and he was hurt all season. Hope he's not counting on a big payday.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Spencer has to go...we are not even sure he can play DE yet and he is a health risk. Selvie is a better fit now.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think he'll go straight to New Orleans.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have already said Spencer will not play another down for Dallas so it might as well be a cut.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spencer has to go...we are not even sure he can play DE yet and he is a health risk. Selvie is a better fit now.
Not to mention if we sign him it will just be an excuse to not add a single DE in the offseason.

Top Bottom