Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Amazing how turds keep jobs in the NFL.

junk

Not So New Member
Not sure why Dallas didn't try this with Ware.

A team trading for him has no signing bonus commitments. They could restructure his contract to convert parts of his salary this year and next into a signing bonus. Would be very similar to just signing him off the street.

Maybe a team likes the Jets for Tampa's 4th from the Revis trade or something.

I guess most teams just knew Jerry would cut him eventually and they could save their draft pick.

Carp

DCC 4Life
@AdamSchefter: Former Titans CB Alterraun Verner is signing a four-year, $26.5 million including $14 million guaranteed with Tampa, per source.
That is a real smart deal for Tampa...very reasonable.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is a real smart deal for Tampa...very reasonable.
Quite. He gets less overall money in his deal than Byrd got just in guaranteed money.

I am still amazed that the Saints did that. It's insane. Are they really that impressed with Rob Ryan they are giving him whatever he wants?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Clev blew it...they replaced Ward and Jackson with lesser, older players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Clev blew it...they replaced Ward and Jackson with lesser, older players.
How a team with that much cap space can achieve the feat of spending money AND getting older in FA is amazing to me.

Cleveland, KC and Oakland are my big losers for the first day.

The Falcons and Bucs are killing it.

D

Deuce

@AdamSchefter: Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

Damn.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
@AdamSchefter: Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

Damn.
That deal is about as fucking retarded as giving Brandon Carr $100 million. Ryan must have Jedi powers.

D

Deuce

@fbgchase: "Trent, I want to trade for Jonathan Martin."

"Okay, Jim, but how will the fan base react?"

"Let's trade for Gabbert first."

:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Very surprised that Verner signed for that cheap, the dumbass Skins should've gotten in on that instead of going after Corey Graham the JAG.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
@fbgchase: "Trent, I want to trade for Jonathan Martin."

"Okay, Jim, but how will the fan base react?"

"Let's trade for Gabbert first."

:lol
I guess when you have two straight NFCC appearances and a SB berth, you can get away with idiocy like this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Very surprised that Verner signed for that cheap, the dumbass Skins should've gotten in on that instead of going after Corey Graham the JAG.
Said it before, we are in decent shape in the division still.

All three of them are matching each other with stupid signing after stupid signing.

D

Deuce

Said it before, we are in decent shape in the division still.

All three of them are matching each other with stupid signing after stupid signing.
I liked Schwartz for the Giants and considering our best pass rusher is Selvie, a tackling dummy will be a solid OL vs us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I liked Schwartz for the Giants and considering our best pass rusher is Selvie, a tackling dummy will be a solid OL vs us.
Schwartz is not horrible, but they could have done better. The Redskins signings are pretty laughable. And the Eagles thinking Jenkins can suddenly be a solution at safety for them is pretty funny.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom