Falcons Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I still don't see TWill on the injury/practice report after refreshing it. Zeke is on there though, listed as "Not injury related".
Williams will be playing this week.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Julio Jones back at practice, Matt Bryant will kick
Posted by Josh Alper on November 10, 2017, 1:16 PM EST

The Falcons settled one question hanging over their heads for Week 10 on Friday.

Coach Dan Quinn said that kicker Matt Bryant will play after dealing with a calf injury that kept him off the practice field this week. They signed a kicker to the practice squad as insurance, but Bryant was able to kick on Friday to secure a spot in the lineup.

Final confirmation on a couple of other question marks will have to wait, but things are moving in the right direction with wide receiver Julio Jones. Jones practiced on Friday and Quinn said the wideout looked “explosive” despite the ankle injury that made him a non-participant on Wednesday and Thursday.

Left guard Andy Levitre will draw a questionable listing on the team’s injury report, but Quinn indicated that the veteran will be in the lineup against the Cowboys.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why exactly would saying "I know but I'm not telling you," be better?
You're determined to argue about this, aren't you? :lol

To answer the question... Because it's not an outright lie? Wouldn't most people rather be told the truth than lied to? Seems pretty basic to me.

Besides, "We haven't talked about who will play in the game" is on its face a ridiculous thing to say.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

To answer the question... Because it's not an outright lie? Wouldn't most people rather be told the truth than lied to? Seems pretty basic to me.

Besides, "We haven't talked about who will play in the game" is on its face a ridiculous thing to say.
When it comes to my NFL coach, I'm totally ok with him telling outright lies. It's good strategy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I guess my perspective is, unless you are assuming the utterly impossible level of incompetence that would be required to not have discussed it yet, then everyone knows damn well and good that they know what the decision is, and knows damn well and good that they aren't gonna disclose it.

Who cares if they lie by saying "We haven't discussed it," versus just saying "I know but I'm not telling."

In fact, everyone should pretty much know that "We haven't discussed it," is code for "I'm not telling."

If anyone is trying to honestly say that they think the coaching staff hasn't discussed it yet, insinuating they are incompetent, well, that insinuation is actually the part that is clueless.

junk

Not So New Member

You're just jealous about the masterful way in which Garrett manipulates the media.

A source I know close to the team told me Belichick spent some time every week this offseason reviewing Garrett pressers and even reached out directly at least once.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You're just jealous about the masterful way in which Garrett manipulates the media.

A source I know close to the team told me Belichick spent some time every week this offseason reviewing Garrett pressers and even reached out directly at least once.
Genius. Pure genius.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why exactly would saying "I know but I'm not telling you," be better?
Because he didn't do it, so now they can bitch about it.

But wait...

If he HAD said those exact same words, then they could have bitched about how childish he was being.

I'm not a Garrett fan, either. But God damn. Could we at least complain about actual real things? He has given us plenty. No need to invent stuff to whine about.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Because he didn't do it, so now they can bitch about it.

But wait...

If he HAD said those exact same words, then they could have bitched about how childish he was being.
No I wouldn't. Lots of coaches say things like, "I know, but I'm not going to tell (next opponent) that." Don't see what's childish about that.

And I said this wasn't a big deal. Yes, coaches lie all the time, all of them, but it's weird to say we haven't even discussed what the rotation will be. I'd rather he said (for instance) we're starting McFadden when Morris is really going to.

midswat

... soon
"we've not discussed yet" = "jerry hasn't told me what to do yet"

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
^^ That may be the real answer.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

Oh. Snap.

data

Forbes #1
So far, we’ve averaged 27 passes in wins and 41 passes in our losses.

without Zeke, I’m guessing we have 35+ passes total, 8 rushes 2nd half.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That's my only fear. It's easy to lean on a stud RB when you have one. But I don't know if they will do the same with Morris. Which they need to.

In fairness you'll almost always pass the ball more in losses. It's normal when you're trailing in games trying to come back.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's my only fear. It's easy to lean on a stud RB when you have one. But I don't know if they will do the same with Morris. Which they need to.

In fairness you'll almost always pass the ball more in losses. It's normal when you're trailing in games trying to come back.
I think this over-reliance on one RB has been stupid and short-sighted when for once this team has real depth. This is a chance for Dallas to spread the ball around which is what the offense frankly seems to be best at doing anyway.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tyron Smith is officially out. Didn't even make the trip to Atlanta.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this over-reliance on one RB has been stupid and short-sighted when for once this team has real depth. This is a chance for Dallas to spread the ball around which is what the offense frankly seems to be best at doing anyway.
I disagree, a RB in a rhythm is best for our offense. They get adjusted to the blocks and read things much better that way. We should have learned by now that runningback by committee doesn't work for this offense.

data

Forbes #1
Why use the #4 pick on a part-time player?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I thought about this earlier today.

I'm legit concerned that we're going to see the play calling slant heavily towards the pass.

Even Morris and McFadden can average over 4 ypc there's no reason for them to abandon the run. The explosive plays may not be there w/o Zeke but I still believe the methodical, ball control style of play is a winning formula even with the backup RBs running the show.

Top Bottom