ESPN.com shutting down message forums

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Plan9 was inducted into their ROH a couple of months back.

Rant/Trojans14 was inducted as well.
One of the guys I used to post with back then passed, so he and Rant would actually be 2 members I knew from that board to pass away. :sad

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nope, always been Texas Ace. And I was around for DCCI which is why I remember Hatch. Joined prior to the 2005 season......

This is correct. Rant is the one who brought me over sometime in the summer of 2005. He brought me over before the season, but after the epic 2005 draft weekend which I really wish I could have experienced for myself.

He was actually Trojans14 at that time, but then he got banned by SBK, and came back as Rant and just decided to keep that name. He, myself, and Plan9 all met at the Football's Future board.
I invited Rant here after seeing him post an anti-CB diatribe on Scott Wright's message board.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why haven't you guys from the FF board invited anyone? It seems fairly active.
I think the fact that Ace didn't answer this question is pretty telling. :ez

Cotton

Staff member
What about Geki?
One of our old posters that got lost along the way that I wish would come back is GroovyMcAwesome. I am friends with him on FB and I suppose should would a shoot him a msg but he is in the DCC FB group so he knows what's been going on.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Sentimental sure, but I miss that guy.

He could stroll into any thread and breathe life into it. Kept the board interesting.
No doubt. Kept the Great Songs Thread lively as well. One thing I'm glad of is that I have his copy of Chuck Palahniuk's book "Rant", which is where he got his screen name. It's a nice reminder of him every time I scan my bookshelf.

I didn't know him quite as well when he was going by Trojans14 but well enough to PM SBK to go to bat for him when he was banned. That was during SBK's bloodthirsty dictatorial run where he would eliminate anyone who didn't align with him for any reason. I never worried too much though because he came out with a "Circle of Trust" list one time and I was on it. SMH. I didn't ask to be on that list, believe me. Didn't mean shit though. He didn't reinstate Rant after my PM. That came later on. Circle of Trust indeed. :picard

Cotton

Staff member
I never did make the Circle of Trust. Buncha crap if you ask me.

Top Bottom