Election Chatter Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I'm kind of glad I lost all mine in a boating accident so I don't have to worry about it

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I have never ever heard any Presidential address use the word "me" that much...ever.
this comment peaked my curiosity so I watched the address, scratched my head and then did a word search and found the use of the word "me" a grand total of....drum roll please...

one time

typical Trump hyperbole and rambling to be sure but really not all that different from most politicians who put me to sleep imo

feel free to double check my search skills via the transcript

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Please, let me know what foundational and true shit you have heard about election fraud.

This should be motherfucking fun.
I was more referring to the last 6 months or so, but whatever. I don't recall saying much about election fraud. Wouldn't just be jumping to whatever conclusion that suits your agenda, would you?

Motherfucking fun, indeed.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Trump looks to be crushing Biden in all the battleground states, then they decide to call off counting. Then we wake up to l, what was it? 139k to 0 Biden votes in PA?

That doesn’t just happen.
No, it doesn't. And it wasn't just zero votes for Trump. It was zero votes for any other 3rd party candidate, too. I would love to hear booze's explanation for that. Or maybe it's just insane Trump and his cult imagining things again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
this comment peaked my curiosity so I watched the address, scratched my head and then did a word search and found the use of the word "me" a grand total of....drum roll please...

one time

typical Trump hyperbole and rambling to be sure but really not all that different from most politicians who put me to sleep imo

feel free to double check my search skills via the transcript
BOOOM!! Head shot.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Georgia had 90k votes uncounted last night. Trump had a 32k lead.

They had all day to count 90k votes, but they aren’t finished yet. They need more time.

For what exactly? To find more votes?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

They had all day to count 90k votes, but they aren’t finished yet. They need more time.

Yeah it does sound sketchy, no question about it

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Looks like Georgia is doing its best to become the Illinois of the south.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Curious. What do you guys think is a logical way to handle this for a country that is split exactly down the middle?

You think the Trump administration should just let this go on for a week and watch leads dwindle as they “find” ballots? Just let it go and at the end of it when they find enough ballots, Trump loses? Everything should be accepted and we all go on with our daily’s? Everyone ignore that this isn’t normal?

Orrrrr, we do what we can to show that this was legitimate or illegitimate? Maybe put half the country at ease and let them know they can trust their democracy? Maybe things need to be exposed and corrected so our nations majority values are being represented and being shaped and reshaped as our moods and beliefs dictate?

I think we’d all agree, we can accept any outcome, so long as it’s fair. Maybe I’ve gone off the deep end, but the past 3 days don’t seem fair to me. If these states, who are taking 3-4 extra days, would have come in by midnight on election night, and we saw the numbers coming in, that would be one thing. There are much larger states that had their shit together within minutes of polls closing. Millions and millions more votes to process than in these contested states.

Shit needs to be looked at and we need a fair and transparent explanation for everything that has transpired the last 3 days. If not, this nation is headed for some rough times.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
It seems to me, the concerns we're dealing with post Election day could have been anticipated months, if not years, in advance so either party could and should have pursued remedy and/or changes via the courts prior to the election so that on the day of, we aren't facing many, if not all of the issues of concern now.

That would have been more believable as a credible concern vs sour grapes because one side is losing.

An example would be requiring all states to count mail votes as they arrive so there aren't as many to count on the day or night of election.

From what I gather, states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and perhaps others, dont start counting mail-in ballots until the polls close. Given the circumstances we find ourselves in this year with covid and an unusually large number of mail-in ballots to process, it doesnt seem unreasonable that it would take longer than usual to process.

The way these counted votes have trickled in could be completely legitimate and consistent with what I saw in other states like Texas and Florida where the democrats took an early lead, apparently due to the large number of mail-in votes that get counted earlier and faster in those states.

Had these mail-in ballots been counted quickly in Mich, PA, Wisconsin, etc and given Biden an early lead, it wouldn't feel as if something fishy is going on late into the night or several days thereafter. Instead, most votes would have been counted quicker and we all might have been forced to face the reality that while close, Trump was never able to make up the gap.

I guess thats a long way of saying one thing I thing they must do in every state is have the ability to have all mail-in votes (with the exception of those postmarked by a certain date not yet received) be counted so fast, we never find ourselves in a situation where the count drags on for days.

It also should be standard that every polling location have observers present in equal quantities from both parties or if multiple parties, then a reasonable distribution based on approximate membership to each party or some other reasonable standard

Last edited:

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Curious. What do you guys think is a logical way to handle this for a country that is split exactly down the middle?

You think the Trump administration should just let this go on for a week and watch leads dwindle as they “find” ballots? Just let it go and at the end of it when they find enough ballots, Trump loses? Everything should be accepted and we all go on with our daily’s? Everyone ignore that this isn’t normal?

Orrrrr, we do what we can to show that this was legitimate or illegitimate? Maybe put half the country at ease and let them know they can trust their democracy? Maybe things need to be exposed and corrected so our nations majority values are being represented and being shaped and reshaped as our moods and beliefs dictate?

I think we’d all agree, we can accept any outcome, so long as it’s fair. Maybe I’ve gone off the deep end, but the past 3 days don’t seem fair to me. If these states, who are taking 3-4 extra days, would have come in by midnight on election night, and we saw the numbers coming in, that would be one thing. There are much larger states that had their shit together within minutes of polls closing. Millions and millions more votes to process than in these contested states.

Shit needs to be looked at and we need a fair and transparent explanation for everything that has transpired the last 3 days. If not, this nation is headed for some rough times.
have we considered just not having a president for awhile? Put them both in a time out for 6 months and try again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It is no secret that I would rather have Donald Trump as our President. For numerous reasons. But I care more about the American Democracy and the integrity of our voting system than I do about either candidate. America is more important than Donald Trump or Joe Biden. If there is no fraud as the Democrats claim, then give the American people their due- let there be recounts in all the contested places. If everything is on the up and up, they should not be balking at the idea of letting people in to witness the tallying of votes. One would think that they would welcome the chance to publicly show their candidate won fairly. Let us see that both the mail-in ballots and ballots cast in person are real, by legitimate and legal voters. If they are, and favor Joe Biden, then so be it. Announce Joe Biden as the winner and he will be our President. If vote counts don't match, or there are illegal votes found, then the election was a sham. An incredible crime against the American people, and an affront to one of the most important rights we have as citizens of this great country. We deserve to know. It is not that fucking hard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here is my big curiosity about the "fake ballots".

Why aren't they impacting the congressional races?

Why aren't we seeing those flipping at the same rate?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Here is my big curiosity about the "fake ballots".

Why aren't they impacting the congressional races?

Why aren't we seeing those flipping at the same rate?
I think you will see it if the presidential review changes the official count. I believe a new review would tabulate the entire ballot.

Top Bottom