Eagles Stuff…

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Anticipating criticism of this being overly simplistic, here goes anyway. IMHO, the key to beating Philly is to turn Hurts into pocket passer. That means pass rushers have to stay in their lanes and contain him as they collapse the pocket. I don't think Hurts is nearly as effective from that static position as he is otherwise. Buffalo lost, but they were trying that tactic. And you could see 49er pass rushers being disciplined in the same way. It takes good coverage to make that work, but the Cowboys secondary should be up to the task.

If pass rushers just bust upfield in an all-out scramble for a sack, I think Hurts can do a lot of damage when he sees gaps.

Just observation, for what it's worth, which probably isn't much.

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
Anticipating criticism of this being overly simplistic, here goes anyway. IMHO, the key to beating Philly is to turn Hurts into pocket passer. That means pass rushers have to stay in their lanes and contain him as they collapse the pocket. I don't think Hurts is nearly as effective from that static position as he is otherwise. Buffalo lost, but they were trying that tactic. And you could see 49er pass rushers being disciplined in the same way. It takes good coverage to make that work, but the Cowboys secondary should be up to the task.

If pass rushers just bust upfield in an all-out scramble for a sack, I think Hurts can do a lot of damage when he sees gaps.

Just observation, for what it's worth, which probably isn't much.
I think that's right. I noticed the same thing on Sunday from the 49ers. If it was clear that someone wasn't going to get there, they were still maintaining spacing and keeping him contained.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So I guess Hendershot was activated and McKeon went to IR with some (phantom?) injury? At least I think that's what the Break was saying when I turned on the end of it.

Does this mean @mcnuttz comes back?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah he threw a few long passes but the bread and butter part of the offense is the shorter passes with a run. That’s what keeps the possession part of the offense going. He isn’t really pressured that much. The majority of his passing game and yardage is the combination of short pass and run after the catch. What you are pointing out are the exceptions. His game isn’t based on long passes. It’s based on precision short passes. He brought this game with him from Iowa State. Would you be surprised to know that over 48 percent of his passing total was made after the catch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom