DQ Report, Week 5 - The Shanahan Clinic

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe, but it’s also possible that Purdy is making all of those players around him better. It’s easy to wave away all of his success by attributing it to the system but his ability to step up in the pocket and make good throws has been impressive.. Equally impressive is the lack of mistakes and the confidence he has. As we’ve seen with Dak, it’s the throws you don‘t make that can keep a team in the game, That was some of the problem with Jimmy G. They don’t have those problems anymore.
It is not a case of Purdy making them better. The scheme is the difference.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Hopefully you guys are right and he starts shitting the bed soon.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hopefully you guys are right and he starts shitting the bed soon.
They must have good protection schemes. Parsons has never sacked him in 3 games. That’s gotta a record or something.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They must have good protection schemes. Parsons has never sacked him in 3 games. That’s gotta a record or something.
It's a lot of quick passing. Rarely is he forced to hold the ball long.

• Props

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Maybe, but it’s also possible that Purdy is making all of those players around him better. It’s easy to wave away all of his success by attributing it to the system but his ability to step up in the pocket and make good throws has been impressive.. Equally impressive is the lack of mistakes and the confidence he has. As we’ve seen with Dak, it’s the throws you don‘t make that can keep a team in the game, That was some of the problem with Jimmy G. They don’t have those problems anymore.
Not many here want to believe that Purdy is developing into an elite QB because they just don't want to believe it. Defense mechanism.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not many here want to believe that Purdy is developing into an elite QB because they just don't want to believe it. Defense mechanism.
Maybe you forgot Daks rookie season, where he played mistake free and rode Zeke and Dez to 13-3. A triumph of the uncluttered mind. Fast forward to 2023, and what do we have ? Time and exposure tend to reveal talent and “elite” skills. Let’s give Purdy some more rope and see what he can manage and how the league responds. It’s early yet for Mr Irrelevant.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve heard that somewhere….
Yeah but don't take it as me saying he drinks and dunks either. He throws some great intermediate balls, they just don't take much time.

Brady was great at this too in one point in his career where he was rarely touched. It's about processing quickly.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah but don't take it as me saying he drinks and dunks either. He throws some great intermediate balls, they just don't take much time.

Brady was great at this too in one point in his career where he was rarely touched. It's about processing quickly.
I suppose Rodgers is/was too under McCarthy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I suppose Rodgers is/was too under McCarthy.
And Prescott is pretty much an affirmed slow processor. The design of the offense is based on timing and above all else, knowing where to go with the football. Honestly, it looks like he is being asked to do more than his skill set.

• Props

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Prescott is pretty much an affirmed slow processor. The design of the offense is based on timing and above all else, knowing where to go with the football. Honestly, it looks like he is being asked to do more than his skill set.
I actually think this offense is too basic. We aren't really designing anything complex. It's like last year with different boring and repeated play calls.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I actually think this offense is too basic. We aren't really designing anything complex. It's like last year with different boring and repeated play calls.
It is basic, with quick designs in order to get the ball out. That is fine if you want to choke someone out but it is not going to beat most good defenses in this league.

data

Forbes #1
It is basic, with quick designs in order to get the ball out. That is fine if you want to choke someone out but it is not going to beat most good defenses in this league.
We have a quick-design offense but suck at running up the middle, QB can’t scramble, suck at WR screens and RB screens.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We have a quick-design offense but suck at running up the middle, QB can’t scramble, suck at WR screens and RB screens.
The scheme would be fine with just the right fit at like, I dunno every position.

I do think regardless of everything, they constructed the offense weird for the personnel.

A lot of those mistakes were thinking that Prescott to Lamb is a connection that cannot fail.

It clearly has and Lamb is looking like a #2.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It would help if Gallup looked like a #2.
He's just not a #2. Not imo anyway. Not in this day when so many teams have excellent #2s.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I honestly don't think that's true. I wish we'd open it up more though.

Top Bottom