Domestic Abuse allegations against Zeke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll try to remember as much as I can. They had a good long segment on it.

- The Cowboys are overrated
- They were lucky last year and had every bounce go their way
- They lost 5 key starters from a defense that wasn't very good in the first place
- Other than Romo they had no injuries last year
- Zeke thinks he can do anything and is going to get out of control off the field eventually
- Garrett needs to get tough with Zeke but isn't the type of coach that will do it
- Dak is due for a sophomore slump
- Zeke is the type of guy that will get full of himself and not work hard enough to stay on top
- PFF ranked their offensive line 9th right now and that could mean Zeke and Dak get exposed since the line might not be as good
- They lost Free who was a key lineman and Leary who may be the best left guard in football, and replaced them with a bust in Cooper and a still unproven guy in Collins
- The team is as fragile as glass and could fall apart at any moment

There's probably more but that's what I remember. The funny thing is the one guy after all that called them an 11 win team.
I saw someone mention that a few days ago. PFF released a list of the top 5 OLs in the NFL and Dallas didn't make the top 5.

3 First Team All Pros. All of which are just entering their prime. But they aren't a top 5 OL in football? :lol

There not another OL in football with that resume.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I saw someone mention that a few days ago. PFF released a list of the top 5 OLs in the NFL and Dallas didn't make the top 5.

3 First Team All Pros. All of which are just entering their prime. But they aren't a top 5 OL in football? :lol

There not another OL in football with that resume.
The funny thing is all you hear about are the "2 holes" at RT and LG now like Free and Leary were both All Pros but nobody seems to even consider the possibility that Collins could actually be an upgrade over Free. Leary was good and I doubt Cooper, Green, Bell or whoever will play as well, but there's a very distinct possibility that Collins is better than Free, who was pretty horrendous in pass protection at times last year.

But no, it's just assumed that LG and RT are going to be two gaping holes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ezekiel Elliott is still facing potential discipline

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2017, 7:31 PM EDT

Unless and until the NFL officially clears Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott to cap an investigation dating back to July of 2016, the possibility remains that he’ll be punished under the Personal Conduct Policy. At a time when many believe it’s simply a matter of time before the league finds the right opportunity to leak to one of its in-house reporters and/or to announce generally that Elliott will face no discipline, it’s important to remember that, despite optimism from the likes of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, Elliott could still be suspended.

“[T]his is a situation that has gone back and forth so many times,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter recently said during an appearance on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, via SportingNews.com. “I’ve spoken to some people within the league who, during the course of the offseason, got a sense that some form of discipline could happen. And then I spoke to somebody last week and they’re like, ‘Yeah, I don’t think anything is going to happen here.’ And then a decision that many people thought would come before the start of the the July Fourth weekend on Friday when the NFL usually makes a lot of decisions, hands down some news, I was told that was being pushed back.

“Now why is that being pushed back? Was it being pushed back, actually? Maybe it wasn’t even. But I was told there wasn’t going to be an answer here for a little while, that there was more information. There have been more meetings between either Zeke’s people and the league, or the NFLPA and the league, or whoever. It’s just been an ongoing issue that has had no conclusion. And so, if you’re drafting [fantasy football players] today, it’s hard to say, ‘Well, nothing’s going to happen there.’

“Nothing may well happen there, but something could happen there. We just don’t know right now. It’s just sort of out there.”

It can’t be “just sort of out there” for much longer, if there’s a chance of discipline that will give Elliott a fair chance to get the case resolved before the start of the regular season. If there will be a suspension, the sooner Elliott gets a chance to challenge it, the better.

In the absence of clarity or transparency, it’s hard to know why this is taking so long. It could be that investigators are diligently working toward resolving what amounts to a dispute between Elliott and his accuser as to what he did and didn’t do. It could be that whoever will be making the decision within the walls of 345 Park Avenue is having a hard time navigating strong pressure from one of the most powerful owners in the sport and delicate P.R. considerations that compel vigilance and stringency, especially if Elliott’s accuser decides that her failed effort to get satisfaction either in the criminal justice system or in the Court of Roger Goodell will culminate in a public effort to tell her story — a story that could be deemed credible, making the league’s decision to not take action against Elliott seem incredible.

At the heart of the situation could be (emphasis: could be) a behind-the-scenes effort by the league to broker a settlement of all potential civil claims that the accuser could make in court, which would provide a real and legitimate platform for her story to be told. This would allow the league to close the book on Elliott without fear of a subsequent effort by the accuser to make the league look bad for giving him a pass.

However it plays out, the reduced standard of proof combined with an accuser who surely insists something happened and a player who insists the opposite makes it a tough case for the league to create. It won’t get any easier with the passage of time — unless Elliott and the accuser reach a financial settlement that allows for everything to be wrapped up in one fell swoop.
--------

This shit isn't going away.

I get how the media can prolong things and whatever, but where there is smoke, there is sure to be fire.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
You would imagine that at some point the NFLPA would get involved and tell the NFL they need to Sh*t or get off the pot. It isn't fair to their player to keep this dangling.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
It isn't fair to their player to keep this dangling.
There's nothing remotely fair about Goodell's judge, jury, and executioner position over players and the lack of due process they receive from the league when an incident allegedly occurs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There's nothing remotely fair about Goodell's judge, jury, and executioner position over players and the lack of due process they receive from the league when an incident allegedly occurs.
It's fair by virtue of the fact that it is a private business and the business owners have given the authority to the Commission for these matters.

The only redress is from either the players union or the owners themselves. Even the court systems address the leagues rules in matters that are adjudicated there. The exception being matters that may violate public policy or civil rights. It's a sticky wicket but the owners need to work on this stuff as a starter.

dallen

Senior Tech
It's fair by virtue of the fact that it is a private business and the business owners have given the authority to the Commission for these matters.

The only redress is from either the players union or the owners themselves. Even the court systems address the leagues rules in matters that are adjudicated there. The exception being matters that may violate public policy or civil rights. It's a sticky wicket but the owners need to work on this stuff as a starter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Before you dismiss it, the NFL just suspended Vikings WR Michael Floyd and Rams WR Mike Thomas for violating the substance abuse policy.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Before you dismiss it, the NFL just suspended Vikings WR Michael Floyd and Rams WR Mike Thomas for violating the substance abuse policy.
Eff Adam Schefter, he's just one of the league's mouthpieces. They better come up with something concrete considering it supposedly happened before he was even drafted, while the Floyd and Thomas infractions happened recently.

Damn, I hate Goodell and his minions. I used to scoff at the notion that there's a league bias against The Cowboys but I'm not so sure these days. It's one of the highest profile teams in the league and the owner doesn't get along with the Commish. Don't get too big for your britches Dallas, you're not New England. SMDH.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How the hell would Schefter or anyone else outside the organization know what Zeke is or is not bracing for? ~flush~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm not dismissing it, but lets call it what it is. It's more news about no news. It's like we are in a dead NFL period and ESPN is desperate for NFL stories. Wake me when the investigation is actually complete.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd fucking sue. This is absurd.
What type of an investigation takes over a year for the NFL to gather evidence? If this thing was in the criminal courts in Missouri the NFL would be past their statute of limitations on misdemeanors for gods sake. There is absolutely no reason a simple incident like this should take over a year of research.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What type of an investigation takes over a year for the NFL to gather evidence? If this thing was in the criminal courts in Missouri the NFL would be past their statute of limitations on misdemeanors for gods sake. There is absolutely no reason a simple incident like this should take over a year of research.
I am still struggling to understand what the NFL could find out that prosecutors could not.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They had to hit him with something to justify all the time and expense put into it. Either that or he's actually guilty. :shrug

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They had to hit him with something to justify all the time and expense put into it. Either that or he's actually guilty. :shrug
If so, law enforcement agencies across the entire country should be clamoring at the NFL's door step trying to hire their investigators.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If so, law enforcement agencies across the entire country should be clamoring at the NFL's door step trying to hire their investigators.
No prosecuting attorneys office has the resource to throw a year of investigation into a misdemeanor domestic assault. It's ridiculous the amount of resources the NFL has poured into this case. They have way more shit to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom