Domestic Abuse allegations against Zeke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
God damnit, just suspend him now or STFU. I guess they want to wait until the night before the opener.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God damnit, just suspend him now or STFU. I guess they want to wait until the night before the opener.
This whole situation is just puzzling to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
An NFL spokesman said the league's investigation into Ezekiel Elliott's domestic violence case from July 2016 that did not lead to any criminal charges remains under review. The league said Monday Darrelle Revis, who saw charges for felony assault dismissed in March after a February arrest, would not face league-imposed discipline. Why is Elliott's case still ongoing? "Every matter is different," the spokesman said via e-mail.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
Yeah it's pretty absurd at this point. It's pretty clear that the NFL isn't going to discipline Zeke based on all of the current information out there. It's like the NFL is just waiting for him to slip up in the slightest so they can tag it all together and hammer Zeke without any real evidence.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ezekiel Elliott Phone Records Given to NFL Amid Domestic Violence Investigation

TIMOTHY RAPP
JUNE 1, 2017

ARLINGTON, TX - JANUARY 15: Ezekiel Elliott #21 of the Dallas Cowboys looks on before the NFC Divisional Playoff game against the Green Bay Packers at AT&T Stadium on January 15, 2017 in Arlington, Texas. The Packers defeated the Cowboys 34-31.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, "The NFL Players Association recently turned over phone records and other documents that league investigators have been seeking in their ongoing probe of domestic violence allegations against Dallas Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott."

The NFLPA and Elliott's representatives agreed to give the NFL those records last week amid the league's nearly yearlong investigation of Elliott, who a woman accused of domestic violence last July. He was never arrested or charged after the allegations, however.

The league has offered no update on the investigation beyond saying that it remains ongoing, per Pelissero.

The lack of resolution in the investigation has frustrated both Elliott and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

"I do want closure," Elliott said in January, per the Dallas Morning News. "I would rather it not drag on this long. If there was something to find, which there's not, they would've found it by now. The police did a very thorough investigation. It just seems like they're dragging their feet right now. Who knows, man. I’m just ready for it to end."

Jones concurred.

"Absolutely nothing anywhere that indicates anything other than what they told us when we left training camp and that is that they have no cause," Jones said in March, per Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News.

He continued, "There is just nothing. I know I would have heard about it. I would have the information if there were something. I know that."

Given the NFL's mishandling of domestic abuse cases in the past—from the infamous situation with Ray Rice to Josh Brown more recently—it has clearly taken a cautious approach with Elliott.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL Insider hints that league discipline could be coming Ezekiel Elliott's way

Eagles NFL Philadelphia Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott

By Jimmy Kempski
PhillyVoice Staff

As we noted in our Cowboys dumpster fire piece earlier this week, Cowboys star RB Ezekiel Elliott has been involved in a slew of off-the-field nonsense, most notably a domestic abuse case that the NFL has been investigating for almost a year.

Appearing on SiriusXM Fantasy Football with John Hansen and Adam Caplan on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, ESPN's Adam Schefter hinted that discipline may be coming Elliott's way. Here's a transcription of Schefter's take on Elliott:

"I would just say this. It is definitely a factor, and if I were drafting today, I would be hesitant to (draft him). But this is a situation that has gone back and forth so many times. I’ve spoken to some people within the league who, during the course of the offseason, got a sense that some form of discipline could happen.

"And then I spoke to somebody last week and they’re like, ‘Yeah, I don’t think anything is going to happen here.’ And then a decision that many people thought would come before the start of the the July 4th weekend on Friday when the NFL usually makes a lot of decisions, hands down some news, I was told that was being pushed back.

"Now why is that being pushed back? Was it being pushed back, actually? Maybe it wasn’t even. But I was told there wasn’t going to be an answer here for a little while, that there was more information. There have been more meetings between either Zeke’s people and the league, or the NFLPA and the league, or whoever. It’s just been an ongoing issue that has had no conclusion. And so, if you’re drafting today, it’s hard to say, ‘Well, nothing’s going to happen there.’

"Nothing may well happen there, but something could happen there. We just don’t know right now. It’s just sort of out there."

The show has a fantasy football focus, but the content of Schefter's words are certainly relevant to the real life 2017 NFL season. While Schefter said enough to cover his butt as any smart reporter without the nut flush will do, he did hint that Elliott will receive some kind of discipline from the league. It's long been assumed no discipline was coming for Elliott, and this is the first time a reporter of note has hinted that it would.

Elliott has been under investigation by the NFL for 11 months now, stemming from an incident, or rather a pattern of alleged abuse over the span of several days in July of 2016, in which Elliott's girlfriend filed a report with police.

In a story for Sports Illustrated from back in December of last year, Tim Rohan gave a thorough explanation of the incident itself, and the process the NFL will undertake to come to a resolution. Obviously, that process is taking an extraordinary amount of time.

While under investigation, Elliott pulled down a woman's shirt during a St. Patrick's Day party, exposing her breast on camera.

Elliott is probably the Cowboys' best player. The longer this investigation drags out, the more of a distraction it will become, and obviously, if indeed the NFL disciplines Elliott in the form of a suspension, that will be a huge loss for however many games he'll miss.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My best guess is the league knows Elliott parties like crazy and is always walking that line of getting into real trouble -- we know he's always had that rep -- and this is an attempt to keep some pressure on him to make him fly right.

But I don't buy that the league actually wants to suspend one of its biggest stars.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My best guess is the league knows Elliott parties like crazy and is always walking that line of getting into real trouble -- we know he's always had that rep -- and this is an attempt to keep some pressure on him to make him fly right.

But I don't buy that the league actually wants to suspend one of its biggest stars.
I also think the NFL is in the business of "protecting the shield" and would make an example of him. Especially if Mara has any input.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
NFL Insider hints that league discipline could be coming Ezekiel Elliott's way

Eagles NFL Philadelphia Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott

By Jimmy Kempski
PhillyVoice Staff

As we noted in our Cowboys dumpster fire piece earlier this week, Cowboys star RB Ezekiel Elliott has been involved in a slew of off-the-field nonsense, most notably a domestic abuse case that the NFL has been investigating for almost a year.

Appearing on SiriusXM Fantasy Football with John Hansen and Adam Caplan on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, ESPN's Adam Schefter hinted that discipline may be coming Elliott's way. Here's a transcription of Schefter's take on Elliott:

"I would just say this. It is definitely a factor, and if I were drafting today, I would be hesitant to (draft him). But this is a situation that has gone back and forth so many times. I’ve spoken to some people within the league who, during the course of the offseason, got a sense that some form of discipline could happen.

"And then I spoke to somebody last week and they’re like, ‘Yeah, I don’t think anything is going to happen here.’ And then a decision that many people thought would come before the start of the the July 4th weekend on Friday when the NFL usually makes a lot of decisions, hands down some news, I was told that was being pushed back.

"Now why is that being pushed back? Was it being pushed back, actually? Maybe it wasn’t even. But I was told there wasn’t going to be an answer here for a little while, that there was more information. There have been more meetings between either Zeke’s people and the league, or the NFLPA and the league, or whoever. It’s just been an ongoing issue that has had no conclusion. And so, if you’re drafting today, it’s hard to say, ‘Well, nothing’s going to happen there.’

"Nothing may well happen there, but something could happen there. We just don’t know right now. It’s just sort of out there."

The show has a fantasy football focus, but the content of Schefter's words are certainly relevant to the real life 2017 NFL season. While Schefter said enough to cover his butt as any smart reporter without the nut flush will do, he did hint that Elliott will receive some kind of discipline from the league. It's long been assumed no discipline was coming for Elliott, and this is the first time a reporter of note has hinted that it would.

Elliott has been under investigation by the NFL for 11 months now, stemming from an incident, or rather a pattern of alleged abuse over the span of several days in July of 2016, in which Elliott's girlfriend filed a report with police.

In a story for Sports Illustrated from back in December of last year, Tim Rohan gave a thorough explanation of the incident itself, and the process the NFL will undertake to come to a resolution. Obviously, that process is taking an extraordinary amount of time.

While under investigation, Elliott pulled down a woman's shirt during a St. Patrick's Day party, exposing her breast on camera.

Elliott is probably the Cowboys' best player. The longer this investigation drags out, the more of a distraction it will become, and obviously, if indeed the NFL disciplines Elliott in the form of a suspension, that will be a huge loss for however many games he'll miss.
:lol

So a Philadelphia Eagles reporter basically took a statement that said nothing about Elliott and spun it into that title? Talk about misleading.

Genghis Khan

:lol

So a Philadelphia Eagles reporter basically took a statement that said nothing about Elliott and spun it into that title? Talk about misleading.
You should have heard how they were talking about the cowboys and Elliott on local Philly radio today.

midswat

... soon
I haven't paid attention to this at all but I could've sworn they had proof the gf was lying or something.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't paid attention to this at all but I could've sworn they had proof the gf was lying or something.
It sounds like the update is essentially that there is no new news. This thing has been dragging on way too long, it should have been complete nearly a year ago.

Genghis Khan

What were they saying?

I'll try to remember as much as I can. They had a good long segment on it.

- The Cowboys are overrated
- They were lucky last year and had every bounce go their way
- They lost 5 key starters from a defense that wasn't very good in the first place
- Other than Romo they had no injuries last year
- Zeke thinks he can do anything and is going to get out of control off the field eventually
- Garrett needs to get tough with Zeke but isn't the type of coach that will do it
- Dak is due for a sophomore slump
- Zeke is the type of guy that will get full of himself and not work hard enough to stay on top
- PFF ranked their offensive line 9th right now and that could mean Zeke and Dak get exposed since the line might not be as good
- They lost Free who was a key lineman and Leary who may be the best left guard in football, and replaced them with a bust in Cooper and a still unproven guy in Collins
- The team is as fragile as glass and could fall apart at any moment

There's probably more but that's what I remember. The funny thing is the one guy after all that called them an 11 win team.

Genghis Khan

Another one I just thought of:

- There's all this hype over jaylon Smith and yet he hasn't even practiced yet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Cooper for Leary is a major downgrade. Collins for Free is an upgrade.

Free was so "key" we lost him for weeks in 2014 and didn't miss a beat.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Meh, I don't see shit happening. This is a clickbait article at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom