DCC Podcast

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No, the link was for joining the test session.

We don't currently have anything to listen to, but plans are underway.
Play them my personal song anthem if you like until you get something else to listen to. Some might need to do what the song says. This is of course only if you choose to do so.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Those 3 Super Bowls :lol …dripping with sarcasm. Quite fitting I would say.

I like it
How'd you lak Those 3 Super Bowls?

~jerry point and wink~

data

Forbes #1
How'd you lak Those 3 Super Bowls?

~jerry point and wink~
Put that on the podcast topic list
  • Best Jerruh impression competition, five quotes and each person repeating the same line
  • Out of these x quotes, which one is not an actual Jerruh quote

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Put that on the podcast topic list
  • Best Jerruh impression competition, five quotes and each person repeating the same line
  • Out of these x quotes, which one is not an actual Jerruh quote
Jocks to socks, bitches.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Does anyone feel that we are close to being able sustain even a simple “podcast”. I am still struggling just trying to get comfortable about being live with guys who are probably as uncomfortable as I and are trying to figure out who said what and and when do you respond in a session where everyone is probably as lost as I am.

If I knew how a podcast is usually conducted and how to fit in the maybe I could get a better feel for how to contribute or maybe not dealing with it at all. I see sports oriented presentations with a panel yakking back and forth but is that any resemblance to a podcast?

I will admit to being lost in this process up to now and I’m not sure what I need to do. I would suppose some of you are in the same pickle.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Part of the issue is the commitment. It would require more than one session to gain interest. It also has to have regular contributors.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Part of the issue is the commitment. It would require more than one session to gain interest. It also has to have regular contributors.
That is probably the number one problem most would have because it’s difficult to commit to something that isn’t part of your mainstream every day living. Dealing with a message board can be done as one sees fit to do so. Dealing with a live occurrence on a regular isn’t an easy task to service.

It may take a while to give rise to a successful podcast but I really can’t evaluate that situation because I don’t know how to be a contributing member. I am pretty ignorant about the function. I can give some input about the resources that are needed to to create audio and maybe how to use it but to now that’s about the only thing I can lend to the process. I’m not sour grapes about it I just have no knowledge or input about the working processes.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Anyone want to jump on tonight or tomorrow night?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Does anyone feel that we are close to being able sustain even a simple “podcast”. I am still struggling just trying to get comfortable about being live with guys who are probably as uncomfortable as I and are trying to figure out who said what and and when do you respond in a session where everyone is probably as lost as I am.

If I knew how a podcast is usually conducted and how to fit in the maybe I could get a better feel for how to contribute or maybe not dealing with it at all. I see sports oriented presentations with a panel yakking back and forth but is that any resemblance to a podcast?

I will admit to being lost in this process up to now and I’m not sure what I need to do. I would suppose some of you are in the same pickle.
LT, that's actually some really great feedback and we appreciate it.

We are a little lost, having just started working on this...but you're right. It is not going to resemble a finished product until we practice enough with it that it isn't uncomfortable talking and we better understand one another's timing.

We are not professional radio personalities and I would wager that we never will be.

But we have been posting online with the core of this community for nearly 20 years, and we know each other better than we may realize.

If we could get a small panel of a few of us on the line at once, there could be some really interesting conversations that other cowboys fans would find interesting.

We are not going to start airing any content until the contributing members are comfortable with the product.

I understand feeling lost in the process, though, LT...we are right there with you!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That is probably the number one problem most would have because it’s difficult to commit to something that isn’t part of your mainstream every day living. Dealing with a message board can be done as one sees fit to do so. Dealing with a live occurrence on a regular isn’t an easy task to service.

It may take a while to give rise to a successful podcast but I really can’t evaluate that situation because I don’t know how to be a contributing member. I am pretty ignorant about the function. I can give some input about the resources that are needed to to create audio and maybe how to use it but to now that’s about the only thing I can lend to the process. I’m not sour grapes about it I just have no knowledge or input about the working processes.
Hey man, you have been a tremendous help already. We're learning as we go, but we gonna keep on at it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have some thoughts as to maybe an approach to this process which I believe can can be done by an “Evolution” system since what is going on is at best very awkward for me and I think others may be in the same boat. I have used this approach when I was in the work force and it has served me pretty well. I won’t give a complete outline now because it will take a little time to do so.

I will however give you a very brief overview and then if it meets with your approval I will do a first step in the process. For now I will tell you these practice runs will require a Moderator and a topic that everyone can discuss. The topic for each session going forward will be furnished by a different member. I think in time it will condition members to participate . The moderator will be the same for each practice session . The topic will be whatever the member wants but keep it in a common knowledge arena.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have some thoughts as to maybe an approach to this process which I believe can can be done by an “Evolution” system since what is going on is at best very awkward for me and I think others may be in the same boat. I have used this approach when I was in the work force and it has served me pretty well. I won’t give a complete outline now because it will take a little time to do so.

I will however give you a very brief overview and then if it meets with your approval I will do a first step in the process. For now I will tell you these practice runs will require a Moderator and a topic that everyone can discuss. The topic for each session going forward will be furnished by a different member. I think in time it will condition members to participate . The moderator will be the same for each practice session . The topic will be whatever the member wants but keep it in a common knowledge arena.
Okay. I withdraw my offer.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

This sounds like a smart approach, and very similar to what we have in mind.

Make it flow like a conversation, but everyone involved would be privy to what would be discussed throughout.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This sounds like a smart approach, and very similar to what we have in mind.

Make it flow like a conversation, but everyone involved would be privy to what would be discussed throughout.
Yes but this will need to be done gradually and each participant will need to comfortable with the topic and have ownership in the in the process. This would be done by allowing each party to pick a topic and adress the group about it. It can be anything but would need to be within the knowledge range of everyone.

After that the group would discuss it with the Moderator overseeing but not be dominate.

After several sessions the individuals would be more comfortable with each other other and by this time the moderator will have a better feel about the group participants and call on them individuals to become engaged. It would be up to the group them to turn the entire process over to the Moderator or even rotate if that’s how it sifted out. It’s a lot like starting with a group in kindergarten and go through the schooling until everyone felt like the could converse at higher levels.

Top Bottom