DCC Podcast

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem with comparing him to Crawford is that the biggest problem with Crawford was his contract. He was ok enough as a rotational player / backup type, which is all we've been using Gholston for.
Yeah no one is banking on Golston to be a stud. Personally I just keep making him bigger and stronger and let him focus at DT and play some end in run situations. I'll take Crawford (If Golston is that level) as our 6th best Dlineman. I just don't want him as our starting DE or starting DT.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just sitting down to listen to the whole thing.

1. My nasal issues make me sound like a cocaine monster.

2. @Simpleton, like @mcnuttz, is a songbird.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I will only comment on technical matters at this time. The audio is good from everyone. I assume the video aspect and other bells and whistles will be integrated in time which will add a lot to the podcast. Congrats guys.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just sitting down to listen to the whole thing.

1. My nasal issues make me sound like a cocaine monster.

2. @Simpleton, like @mcnuttz, is a songbird.
1. I believe I forgot to toggle the echo cancelation on you and CRock. Have listed that in my notes to check next time.
2. All of y'all sounded good to me. If I'm a songbird, though, just call me a Giant Coot(bird who can't fly) because I can't sing for shit.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I will only comment on technical matters at this time. The audio is good from everyone. I assume the video aspect and other bells and whistles will be integrated in time which will add a lot to the podcast. Congrats guys.
I don't know if we'll add video, but will definitely implement some bells and whistles.

Recording an hour long show presented more challenges than the short tests we've run over the last few weeks.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I feel like bells and whistles would be too distracting from everyone's voices, unless they're really low.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
When's the next podcast?

I'll be happy to join when I have something to offer, but the draft is not my thing as I simply don't want enough college football to know all the prospects.

So props to you, you Mel Kiper Jr. wannabes, you!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Here is our first crack at the podcast.

With the time constraints to get this out prior to the draft, there is no production, no intro music, no sound effects...just a few of us chatting.

I have a lot to learn about editing and publishing, but now that we have some content we wanted to share with yous guys, so let us know what you think.

@Tony D

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When's the next podcast?

I'll be happy to join when I have something to offer, but the draft is not my thing as I simply don't want enough college football to know all the prospects.

I am down with doing a draft recap Sunday night for certain.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I feel like bells and whistles would be too distracting from everyone's voices, unless they're really low.
He means things like intro music, transition effects, fonzie bear wokka wokkas when a bad joke is told, etc...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Exactly, those things are usually way overdone. The actual content of what the people are saying is what matters.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We'll definitely not be overdoing the bells or the whistles.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know if we'll add video, but will definitely implement some bells and whistles.

Recording an hour long show presented more challenges than the short tests we've run over the last few weeks.
I don't think we need video.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
When's the next podcast?

Like booze mentioned, we were wanting to do a Sunday night draft recap.

I'd like to set it up so folks could listen live and call in, but that may be a little ambitious this early in the process.

We just need to stack good episodes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We'll definitely not be overdoing the bells or the whistles.
I think intros and outros for now. Let's save the fancy/annoying shit for later, once we have gotten it down a little more.

Top Bottom