DCC Podcast

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No no. I was checking to see if it was blue tooth or wireEd or whether you were using a PC , Ipad or laptop, etc.
It's wireless with a USB dongle that connects it to your PC, but it will also connect via bluetooth.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's wireless with a USB dongle that connects it to your PC, but it will also connect via bluetooth.
I like the double option on the connection. How do you control the audio input for plus or negative volume on the mic as well as the headphone. Are there separate controls and is the the same setup for wired and Bluetooth. Finally is the wired input Jack the small plug. I know I can look this up information but there are several models of your series and I had rather have a users feedback than the factory boilerplate jargon..

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You said “dong”.
i also want to double check the iPad system. The mic is pretty good and it is exceptional with a decent set of earphones. The controls are built in the ipad and easy to access. Some time at your leisure test me and we will have a run at this system as well in case some might not have headphones/microphone at this time but may have an iPad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
i also want to double check the iPad system. The mic is pretty good and it is exceptional with a decent set of earphones. The controls are built in the ipad and easy to access. Some time at your leisure test me and we will have a run at this system as well in case some might not have headphones/microphone at this time but may have an iPad.
I am a little curious about this myself. I don't have an iPad but I frequently use my surface pro for webex meetings with court. I know the camera quality on it is excellent but am a bit curious how well the audio would work on it without a microphone.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't know anything about an iPad, so won't be much help there.

On a PC, you control the headphone and mic volume through the Sound settings.

The headphone volume is much simpler to access because that icon shows in the Taskbar by default.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You said “dong”.
I said dongle, which is another technical term that you need to add to the toolbox.

We'll be using it a lot.

Stay on topic!!!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am a little curious about this myself. I don't have an iPad but I frequently use my surface pro for webex meetings with court. I know the camera quality on it is excellent but am a bit curious how well the audio would work on it without a microphone.
Do a google search on “Does the iPad have a microphone”. There are several options for microphones for the built in one and how to put an external mic. The iPad is pretty versatile and have a few approaches to using them for multi media devices. Again the reason I am mentioning this is not to change the mode currently prescribed by the honchos but to be able for some who cannot obtain the preferred method to participate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It would appear that the PC is the preferred target for this project so in order to get a handle on the potential capabilities of the participants it would appear that knowing how many folks who could be participants and actually have a PC. That is a limiting factor or an answer as to who and how many could actively participate.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It would appear that the PC is the preferred target for this project so in order to get a handle on the potential capabilities of the participants it would appear that knowing how many folks who could be participants and actually have a PC. That is a limiting factor or an answer as to who and how many could actively participate.
That's actually a great point, LT.

To join the podcast i believe you have to be on a computer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So the format is a large group of listeners/participants and one or more moderators /facilitators. A different podcast model.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's actually a great point, LT.

To join the podcast i believe you have to be on a computer.
I don’t know about that but it may not hurt to check to see if any format of a computer such as ipad or laptop can be used. I just might loo into that. It would be helpful to get some kind of clarification.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don’t know about that but it may not hurt to check to see if any format of a computer such as ipad or laptop can be used. I just might loo into that. It would be helpful to get some kind of clarification.
A laptop will work. A table like device like an iPad will not.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
A laptop will work. A table like device like an iPad will not.
I believe LT joined on an ipad the last session we had.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I believe LT joined on an ipad the last session we had.
I meant the mic part. And if he joined and it was fine why are we still worried about it?

Top Bottom