Cowboys vs Vikings | Week 9 Gameday Chatter Thread | 11/3/13

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kurt Warner is right on the money with the Cowboys offense and how the coaches have intentionally shackled it.
I think Romo is at fault as well.

At times he's taken the play smart football mantra too far and it's led to him playing timid.

Last week for example he probably left 50 rushing yards on the field. There were a few drives where he had acres of wide open space in front of him. It'd be 3rd and 6 and he could have easily run for 15 yards w/o being touched yet he'd choose to stay in the pocket or throw the ball away.

That's just dumb, timid football. If he's scared we don't need him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Interesting story out of Washington this week regarding RGIII's willingness to be coached.

In her article, Sally Jenkins touched on an area that I'd noticed as well. RGIII has become a bit of a prick & know-it-all this year.

I was a huge RGIII fan when he was at Baylor but since he's been in Washington it's as if all the praise accolades have gone to his head.

The guy has gone from likable to douche practically overnight.

Rev still loves him though.

He has always had an arrogant attitude. Just when things are going well you dont notice it. Even in high school it was the same thing and its just not on the field. I just thought he may grow out of it but evidently its showing its ugly head again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Romo is at fault as well.

At times he's taken the play smart football mantra too far and it's led to him playing timid.

Last week for example he probably left 50 rushing yards on the field. There were a few drives where he had acres of wide open space in front of him. It'd be 3rd and 6 and he could have easily run for 15 yards w/o being touched yet he'd choose to stay in the pocket or throw the ball away.

That's just dumb, timid football. If he's scared we don't need him.
He has played scared for the last three years. He has left a lot of wide open rush opportunities on the field and thrown instead. I get he's older, but he's afraid of getting hit. He's a lot like Aikman near the end...ducking and taking sacks.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He has always had an arrogant attitude. Just when things are going well you dont notice it. Even in high school it was the same thing and its just not on the field. I just thought he may grow out of it but evidently its showing its ugly head again.
What makes it worse is that he's rubbing teammates the wrong way and making comments that come off as saying he's suggesting that he doesn't needs to be coached and he knows what's best for him as a QB.

I also think he gets some of it from his dad. His dad pretty much said some of the same things that RGIII is saying.

He's lucky the national media loves him. If he were Terrell Owens he'd be getting crushed right now.

Rev

Staff member
What makes it worse is that he's rubbing teammates the wrong way and making comments that come off as saying he's suggesting that he doesn't needs to be coached and he knows what's best for him as a QB.

I also think he gets some of it from his dad. His dad pretty much said some of the same things that RGIII is saying.

He's lucky the national media loves him. If he were Terrell Owens he'd be getting crushed right now.
His family is part of the problem to begin with. They put him on a pedastal early on. He was a hero before he even played a game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ware is inactive. Murray is playing. I haven't seen a full list yet.

Cotton

Staff member
The reason you can't get excited for this game is because even if we blow them out, we should have blown them out. Anything else is a disappointment, and even if we blow them out we will all be anticipating the looking letdown to get right back to .500.

Cotton

Staff member
Josh Freeman inactive.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Smith being inactive means less short yardage type plays. We are probably going to throw...a lot. Again.

Rev

Staff member
Smith being inactive means less short yardage type plays. We are probably going to throw...a lot. Again.
Good. Colston is out and I actually picked up Beasley. Its a PPR league so should get a few points.

Cotton

Staff member
1 hour until gametime and there are 3 people in the chatter thead. This team can beat down even the most avid of fans. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Since 2011 the Cowboys have lost the most games in the NFL after leading by double digits in the second half.

Blow it up, Dez.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Usually by this point on early game Sundays, I am already working on a buzz.

Not even trying right now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Since 2011 the Cowboys have lost the most games in the NFL after leading by double digits in the second half.

Blow it up, Dez.
Yet another negative category in which a Garrett led Cowboys team leads the league.

Cotton

Staff member
Not a fan of Berman, but he made a good point. The Cowboys can make the 3-pointer and the slam dunk, but they always fail at the bounce pass. So true.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger

Blow it up, Dez.
Come on guys, we lose just like every other team in the league. We are in no way special in that regard.

Top Bottom