Cowboys vs Vikings | Week 9 Gameday Chatter Thread | 11/3/13

data

Forbes #1
I've got no read on today's game. Usually, I have a sense of how this game's going to go, whether right or wrong. I have no idea how this game is going to turn out.

It could be a blowout, infuriatingly close, win, loss...not sure.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Michael Irvin was awesome on NFLN about 5 minutes ago talking about Dez.

If you can find it on YouTube later check it out.

Basically he made a point that outsiders in the national media continue to miss. The Cowboys have made a habit of pulling off devastating losses and that the culture needs to be changed so that people understand that losses like last week's are unacceptable. That's why the Cowboys are 8-8 every year.

He also called the Cowboys of '88 a bunch of chumps and losers and said he had to change that culture because all the players back then were fine with all the losing.

Again, that's why I had no problem with Dez's blow up. If last week's loss was something that rarely happened to the Cowboys then I'd say Dez needs to dial it back. But when we see losses like that practically once a month I want to see someone pissed off instead of accepting the loss as if it's an acceptable norm.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Blowout win for the Cowboys. Ponder will make the defense look good and the offense won't go into a shell since they are at home. Plus Minnesota is one of the worst teams in the league defensively on 3rd downs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Blowout win for the Cowboys. Ponder will make the defense look good and the offense won't go into a shell since they are at home. Plus Minnesota is one of the worst teams in the league defensively on 3rd downs.
And the Cowboys have had severe struggles with 3rd down conversions in recent weeks. Something will have to give.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't see a blowout win.

The team is too dysfunctional. The Cowboys will find a way to make the game competitive.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Ponder went off today. The Cowboys allowed Grossman to throw for a career high against them.

I'm expecting at least 250 yards passing from Ponder. I just hope the defense stiffens up in the red zone and makes them settle for FGs.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd like to see Murray get a couple big runs to set up a PA bomb to Dez.

1bigfan13

Staff member

It'd be nice if the owner, head coach, and the QB took this approach.

I'm not advocating constant meltdowns because after a while that becomes white noise and loses its effectiveness, but you can't constantly pump sunshine either.

There is nothing wrong with kicking your team in the ass every now and then. It's good for them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'd like to see Murray get a couple big runs to set up a PA bomb to Dez.
We've been asking for something like that all year but the PA pass is pretty much an afterthought in Dallas' offense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Talk about not giving a shit.

After that epic choke job last week, there is absolutely nothing the Cowboys can do against Minnesota that is going to make me feel any better about the state of the team.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Have they announced the actives/inactives yet for today?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Talk about not giving a shit.

After that epic choke job last week, there is absolutely nothing the Cowboys can do against Minnesota that is going to make me feel any better about the state of the team.
I feel you man. I had absolutely no excitement about the game all week.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The sickening thing is that if you hadn't collapsed last week, you are thinking about winning this game and being 6-3 and actually being in pretty good shape heading down the stretch.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Interesting story out of Washington this week regarding RGIII's willingness to be coached.

In her article, Sally Jenkins touched on an area that I'd noticed as well. RGIII has become a bit of a prick & know-it-all this year.

I was a huge RGIII fan when he was at Baylor but since he's been in Washington it's as if all the praise accolades have gone to his head.

The guy has gone from likable to douche practically overnight.

Rev still loves him though.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The sickening thing is that if you hadn't collapsed last week, you are thinking about winning this game and being 6-3 and actually being in pretty good shape heading down the stretch.
Yep. And the division would practically be wrapped up as well.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep. This is how I see it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Kurt Warner is right on the money with the Cowboys offense and how the coaches have intentionally shackled it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kurt Warner is right on the money with the Cowboys offense and how the coaches have intentionally shackled it.
Shackled it in what way? Looks to be the same inconsistent pass happy offense to me.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I like what they're saying about the Cowboys constantly failing at situational football. It is a coaching issue...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like what they're saying about the Cowboys constantly failing at situational football. It is a coaching issue...
That is what some of us have been saying for a long time.

Top Bottom