Cowboys sign Prescott to a 4 year contract

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My post was pretty reasonable.

"That's kind of how I feel.I don't think Prescott is any good, But I would far rather Try to make Prescott work from the late fourth round, Then to waste a second and third on Lynch like they tried to do."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They probably should considering he shattered his leg running last season.

I'd like to see the Cowboys cut or trade Elliott and Smith, spend the money on depth, draft an OL in the first round, and become a pass-oriented team. Fat chance that shit happens though.
I don't see how we wouldn't be.

They've gotta cut Jaylon and I'm with you on continuing to build the O-line.

With a respectable O-line and those WRs, we're gonna be pass-oriented.

I love a good running game and think it's still important to maintain control of the timeclock, but am anxious to see what Dak can do with Coop, Gallup, and Lamb. Honestly kinda anxious to see the progress of McCarthy & Moore, too.

Without a good defense, though, it just won't matter. We've seen prolific offenses in the Romo years, but it takes a balanced team.

We need defenders who shut the play down, and we need them badly. Fill as many of these holes as you can in FA (CB and DT please) and take the best players available.

data

Forbes #1
Waiting for the Jones’ comment of “signing Dak was also like gaining an extra draft pick for a different position”

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I’m tired of hearing about Dak and his epic contract story. This has been going on for a couple of years and it’s like having a plate of beans 3 times a day.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I’m tired of hearing about Dak and his epic contract story. This has been going on for a couple of years and it’s like having a plate of beans 3 times a day.
Skip the thread.

Don't click a link.

Turn the channel on the radio or TV.

Lots of ways you don't have to hear about it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
As it turns out, every QB in that draft was garbage except Dak, and no one, especially Dallas, had any idea it would turn out that way.
Eat your beans!

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why drafting QBs is such a crap shoot. This draft may have one QB turn out to be on Daks level. Do you really want to roll those dice? Of course not if you can help it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's why drafting QBs is such a crap shoot. This draft may have one QB turn out to be on Daks level. Do you really want to roll those dice? Of course not if you can help it.
Certainly all five who are now being considered 1st rounders aren’t going to pan out.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"I don't get it at all," one NFL contract advisor said of the deal from the Cowboys' perspective. "If you are giving on the APY and the signing bonus and the guarantee and the no tag, then the Cowboys at least have to get him signed for five or six years. I don't get it."

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What's there to 'get'? You either sign him for this now, or you sign him for more later, or you trade your franchise QB, or you lose your franchise QB for basically nothing a year from now.

A lot of people are criticizing this deal without using much common sense.

p1_

DCC 4Life
What's there to 'get'? You either sign him for this now, or you sign him for more later, or you trade your franchise QB, or you lose your franchise QB for basically nothing a year from now.

A lot of people are criticizing this deal without using much common sense.
Simply to bitch

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
1) Be fucking appreciative that we have had a relatively young QB who can get the job done.

2) Understand the reality that it's a situation that costs a lot of money to support. We've been on borrowed time for our ability to have ample cap space the last four years with Dak. And we mostly squandered that time letting the defense atrophy.

3) Be glad barring injury we'll have Dak at least four more years. Consistency at QB is the most important asset for a franchise.

Top Bottom