Cowboys sign Prescott to a 4 year contract

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

In the interest of transparency, I didn't want Dak, either. I don't think anyone on the board did after reading through some of that draft day chatter thread. @NoDak especially didn't want him.
I was hacked.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well my post of being in favor of the pick must have been deleted by a mod.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Speaking of that draft, I want it to be well known that I pitched a huge fucking fit when we took Jaylon. It was a fit for the ages. I will link to some of it as I am bored at work and reading through the archives.
I got more hammered in that draft than any other. Before or since.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's no shame in not thinking Dak would be what he became, the entire NFL didn't think he would be what he became. Hating him in the 4th is a bit much, I can't remember for sure but I was probably ambivalent.

It was very obvious by about the 2nd preseason game that we may have something though.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yep. I own it. Still don't think he is the shit like some but he certainly outperformed every passer in that class. I never would have expected that.
You'll always have the Taco pick.

shane

DCC 4Life
Yep. I own it. Still don't think he is the shit like some but he certainly outperformed every passer in that class. I never would have expected that.
Nobody would have.

It's insane to think Goff and Wentz are busted down shit while Dak is the 2nd highest paid QB in the league.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Here was my post from that thread:

I don't love Prescott either but haven't we heard from certain posters "Draft a QB every year" and now we hate the one they took?

Let the hate come when we actually pass on a quality starter. This is basically a 5th round pick, and a lot of people like this guy as a developmental QB. Maybe he's Stephen McGee but we could have done worse.

shane

DCC 4Life
Here was my post from that thread:
You, BiPo and Cowboysrock were a few of the sane ones. I can understand the PTSD after Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, etc. though. Dak was never a bad fourth round pick as watching him in college you could tell he had skill and some kind of leadership potential.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Now that he got paid...watch them try to limit this part of his game.

shane

DCC 4Life

They probably should considering he shattered his leg running last season.

I'd like to see the Cowboys cut or trade Elliott and Smith, spend the money on depth, draft an OL in the first round, and become a pass-oriented team. Fat chance that shit happens though.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
omgosh you're such a looooser.

just get lost already, @skidadl

It's about my buddy who served with the Seals.

They had to go completely undercover.

All he could show was just a touch of forearm, and it was that stretch of tender flesh that would prove to be my downfall.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
would be interesting to see who most folks wanted
I wanted Wentz all the way and was pissed when Philly traded up.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
omgosh you're such a looooser.

just get lost already, @skidadl

It's about my buddy who served with the Seals.

They had to go completely undercover.

All he could show was just a touch of forearm, and it was that stretch of tender flesh that would prove to be my downfall.
I figured it was some chit like that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I fear they're gonna do that just because of the injury, but his threat of running is what has helped his development. He seems to process things quickly and he'll run when he needs to. If you start trying to coach that out of a player you shouldn't count on great things happening.

Top Bottom