Cowboys sign Prescott to a 4 year contract

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I am not sold on Prescott. But seriously, you can't fuck around with a potential franchise QB.

You just pay them.
I'm not sold he's worth the asking price.
But it's literally the most important position.
And Dak's improved significantly as time has gone on.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm not sold he's worth the asking price.
But it's literally the most important position.
And Dak's improved significantly as time has gone on.
It’s a ripoff until you consider the alternatives.

You either do this or draft a new QB with pick 10 and rebuild your defense with the money you would have spent on Dak.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
You have to sign him to market value or we roll the dice on Trey Vance at 10? What other choices are there? Stop gap with Stafford? :sleep:

p1_

DCC 4Life
I am not sold on Prescott. But seriously, you can't fuck around with a potential franchise QB.

You just pay them.
Hammer meet nail. They aren’t completely sold on him either.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
You really don’t have much choice other than to pay Prescott.

My only argument is that they weren’t winning games in ‘18 until they traded for Amari. So was part of that Prescott’s fault? And if so is he a QB that makes his receivers better or does he need high level talent to be good?

p1_

DCC 4Life

My only argument is that they weren’t winning games in ‘18 until they traded for Amari. So was part of that Prescott’s fault? And if so is he a QB that makes his receivers better or does he need high level talent to be good?
Ask Brady that question about his current offense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think all QBs need good targets. Brady had none and won but he had a stellar defense. You take away the defense and the weapons and few QBs will succeed.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's exactly right. There is no choice. Any other option involves downgrading the position or taking a much bigger risk.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's exactly right. There is no choice. Any other option involves downgrading the position or taking a much bigger risk.
Of course you could draft one of these five QBs and use the extra money to build the defense.

You’d be just about exactly where you were in 2016, except with better coaching, much better WRs, and maybe even a better defense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You’d be just about exactly where you were in 2016, except with better coaching, much better WRs, and maybe even a better defense.
This is assuming we hit on the qb which is one helluva longshot at 10th pick

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is assuming we hit on the qb which is one helluva longshot at 10th pick
Yep. I didn't say it was a better option. But if Dak's agent and the Joneses continue to be greedy, stupid, and stubborn then it's the only fallback

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
People who think this is about the money are forgetting that this apparently is about the number of years. We just need to suck it up and sign him to 4 years and be done with it. Should have done it last year.
I don't know why they weren't on board with the shorter deal in the first place. If he quickly regresses like Goff and Wentz that's 1 less year you have to worry about if they need to ditch him early.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm like you in that I don't trust the hillbilly Joneses to make the right decision if we were forced to draft Dak's replacement.

Over the last 20 years, every QB who they tried to anoint as the next franchise QB has been a colossal failure. By sure dumb luck they stumbled across Romo and had to "settle" for Dak after Connor and Lynch were scooped up before their pick came around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know why they weren't on board with the shorter deal in the first place. If he quickly regresses like Goff and Wentz that's 1 less year you have to worry about if they need to ditch him early.
Yeah it made sense only to the Joneses.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I would bring in a new QB coach, scrap the old ways.

Do Dak a favor, i fully believe hes talking to SF. That would be a better fit.

Draft any qb at 10, load up on D and remind the franchise why you have given up. If that doesnt make the fans walk away, nothing will.

Genghis Khan

Because that's their way of handling the cap hit. But if the player isn't on board there's only so much you can do.

Genghis Khan

Of course you could draft one of these five QBs and use the extra money to build the defense.

As I said, any other option involves downgrading the position or taking a much bigger risk.

What are the odds that any QB they can draft at 10 would be as good as Dak, or for that matter not a bust? Not good.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would bring in a new QB coach, scrap the old ways.

Do Dak a favor, i fully believe hes talking to SF. That would be a better fit.

Draft any qb at 10, load up on D and remind the franchise why you have given up. If that doesnt make the fans walk away, nothing will.
Yeah, no.

Top Bottom