Cowboys sign Jason Peters

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's definitely one of my top choices, primarily because I think he can serve as a backup at both LT and RT, as well as OG.

Plus it'll just be that much sweeter for when we fuck the Eagles over.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hopefully reports of him staying in shape are true.

If he's still in decent shape and they're able to get a deal done within the next 24-48 hours, Peters playing week 1 seems feasible.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Supposedly Peters is great in the locker room too and his play style is similar to what you'd expect out of Tyler if he reaches his potential, so pairing them up is a nice added benefit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Native Texan and former Razorback, this has to happen, right?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know, guys. He is 40.

/DFDC

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's definitely one of my top choices, primarily because I think he can serve as a backup at both LT and RT, as well as OG.

Plus it'll just be that much sweeter for when we fuck the Eagles over.

I agree. This is the thing for me.

I don't love Steele and of course even if he plays well could get injured. McGovern was benched last season. Tyler has never played LT in the pros and wasn't playing the position in camp.

Peters is insurance for each of those issues.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
God, we are so desperate even a 40 year old OLman is agreeable. This offseason has been so damn bad.
He is a 40 year old lineman but the guy is kind of a freak and was elite earlier in his career. So I don't see it as that desperate to be honest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is a 40 year old lineman but the guy is kind of a freak and was elite earlier in his career. So I don't see it as that desperate to be honest.
It is not at the level of getting Whitworth, but it is worth a shot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah Whitworth isn't really available though. We will see if we actually sign Peters. Not sure I have faith that we will.
It could be like the time Chris Long stood up Goof Son at lunch and went to the Eagles.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
God, we are so desperate even a 40 year old OLman is agreeable. This offseason has been so damn bad.

Had this been the plan in March it's a bad plan.

Right now though I'm not sure there's a better option.

Top Bottom