Cowboys sign Everson Griffen

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How refreshing to not have a coach who always looks at the roster and thinks, "we like the guys we have on this team".

The more time goes on, the more evident it becomes just how damaging it was to have Jason Garrett be the HC of this team.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
probably means Gregory is fucked for this year
I have never had any hopeful expectations from Gregory. His entire career has been waiting to get past the latest violation of some policy that he doesn’t consider important. He is a chronic disappointment tool.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My god, how did I miss this last night... He's an absolute stud.

Just have to hope his mental issues stay under control. :tippytoe

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Certainly not signing GOOD ones. We got Marinelli choices like Cedric Thornton and Nolan Carroll when we did.
It is easy to blame Garrett but Marinelli had dirty hands in terms of the idiotic DL signings we had over the years.

Mayowa. Thornton. Jihad Ward. Kony Ealy. Demontre Moore. Stephen Paea. Terrell McClain.

There was a new slob practically every training camp.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I lol'd when I read that tweet. Trysten Hill is lucky to even be on the roster. If he were a late round pick he'd be gone by now.
I can't see a way he makes the roster if Gallimore has a pulse.

I would move him to be with his buddy Marinelli for whatever I could get.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So much potential with the interior of that DL. They may not dominate but I definitely don't see them being a liability like they've been for much of the past decade.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is easy to blame Garrett but Marinelli had dirty hands in terms of the idiotic DL signings we had over the years.

Mayowa. Thornton. Jihad Ward. Kony Ealy. Demontre Moore. Stephen Paea. Terrell McClain.

There was a new slob practically every training camp.
For sure.

Marinelli's stank is all over the defensive line issues from the last few seasons. But considering how drastic a change we're seeing from the team in regards to their approach in FA and the offseason as a whole, I can't help but come to the conclusion that the team's strategy on improving the team via personnel additions/changes was largely set by Jason Garrett.

For crying out loud, we stuck with Maher till the fricking winter.

There are just too many instances across multiple areas of the team where we failed to or didn't really even try to improve, and considering how many positions and units this consists of, that philosophy could only have been set by one person.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
I was actually looking up Everson Griffen to see if he had signed wih anyone yet when I found out we had signed him. TAlk about shocked, I couldn't believe it.

Look at what we've done to this Dline in this one offseason. Shattered the Marinelli curse straight to Hell. Love it!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Marinelli's stank is all over the defensive line issues from the last few seasons. But considering how drastic a change we're seeing from the team in regards to their approach in FA and the offseason as a whole, I can't help but come to the conclusion that the team's strategy on improving the team via personnel additions/changes was largely set by Jason Garrett.

For crying out loud, we stuck with Maher till the fricking winter.

There are just too many instances across multiple areas of the team where we failed to or didn't really even try to improve, and considering how many positions and units this consists of, that philosophy could only have been set by one person.
Good point. Stephen is still the same. Jerry is the same. McClay is the same. Only one person has really changed.

Unless it was all Judd Garrett. :unsure

Top Bottom