Cowboys Round 1 (17) Selection - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yep, that's the massive upside to having so many tools to work with. If a couple of them have down games, you have many more to choose from.
And a coach that is smart enough to know when he might have to switch gears inside the gameplan instead of just force feeding shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And a coach that is smart enough to know when he might have to switch gears inside the gameplan instead of just force feeding shit.
That's the best part. :towel

Smitty

DCC 4Life
17. Cowboys, WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma
Grade: B+. This is a classic case of a team not expecting the player to be there. The didn't necessarily need a WR, but he was there. I think they would have picked a pass rusher here had Lamb not fallen to them. If you are true to your board and have a great grade on the guy, you have to take him.

Best pick they could have made.... gets a B+. Maybe a tough grading scale?

~checking~

They proceeded to give 25 out of 32 selections a B or better.

Ok, makes sense.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Cowherd said Lamb is overrated and a product of shitty Big 12 defenses. :tippytoe

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Cowherd said Lamb is overrated and a product of shitty Big 12 defenses. :tippytoe
He loves taking shots at anyone from Flyover Country. If the exact same player came from USC he'd love him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is actually a really dumb personality. Has no idea what he is talking about most of the time but just says outlandish stuff for attention.

That's why people call him Cowterd.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just saw that CeeDee Lamb's girlfriend used to date Trae Young when he was at Oklahoma.

She knows a good meal ticket when she sees one.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
and she was wearing a slutty dress that you go clubbing in. not that I'm complaining ...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This offense is gonna be elite next year
It's nice that we got a good Olineman too. It's the one thing that can sink a team with great weapons. You can't help your QB with weapons if you can't block the guys upfront.

data

Forbes #1
Was this already known?

Jerry Jones’ teammate back in Arkansas 1960s, Jerry Lamb, recently passed away and wore #88. No relation to CeeDee, but sounds like Jerry may have taken this namesake just a little bit as a sign.

If Jeudy were there instead, possibly we draft Chiasson.
—-
“But then I recently lost a great friend. One of my very best, might have been my best. I played ball with him at Arkansas. He was number 88. His name was Jerry Lamb, he was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. We couldn’t have won a national championship without him. And he was a wonderful player.”

“And so when we were, this is a little drama from our perspective, when we were all sitting there and had said our piece, and then we said, ‘okay, what’s it going to be?” I said in honor of my great friend that just passed this year we’re going to have his namesake come on here and wear old number 88. Just like Michael and Dez and those guys, and we’ve got us a wide receiver. And let me tell you one thing if he’s got the competes and heart of that Jerry Lamb he’ll be bad to the bone.”

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Was this already known?

Jerry Jones’ teammate back in Arkansas 1960s, Jerry Lamb, recently passed away and wore #88. No relation to CeeDee, but sounds like Jerry may have taken this namesake just a little bit as a sign.

If Jeudy were there instead, possibly we draft Chiasson.
—-
“But then I recently lost a great friend. One of my very best, might have been my best. I played ball with him at Arkansas. He was number 88. His name was Jerry Lamb, he was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. We couldn’t have won a national championship without him. And he was a wonderful player.”

“And so when we were, this is a little drama from our perspective, when we were all sitting there and had said our piece, and then we said, ‘okay, what’s it going to be?” I said in honor of my great friend that just passed this year we’re going to have his namesake come on here and wear old number 88. Just like Michael and Dez and those guys, and we’ve got us a wide receiver. And let me tell you one thing if he’s got the competes and heart of that Jerry Lamb he’ll be bad to the bone.”

Then it would have been “Jerry sounds like Jeudy”

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, I really doubt that was the deciding factor in taking CeeDee Lamb, but it makes for a good publicity story, I guess.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we liked Lamb more theen Juedy. So yeah if you flip the recievers I'm not sure we take Juedy over Chaisson either. They may have been closer to each other on our board.

Top Bottom