Cowboys Round 1 (17) Selection - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I did not expect that pick.

Does it help or hurt?

I still think we should have gone defense, but a pick like this has to either scream JJ got involved, or MM thinks he can make a run for the playoffs.

What say you? Hurt, help, or we could have just traded down.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Of course it helps, Lamb was a top 10 player -- Stephen said they had him #6 overall. Also, Jerry said they had three good trade offers but Lamb was just too good to pass up.

And, they said McCarthy had made wr a priority at some point anyway. Not in the first of course, but at some point. This was not Jerry just wanting a flashy toy.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Of course it helps, Lamb was a top 10 player -- Stephen said they had him #6 overall. Also, Jerry said they had three good trade offers but Lamb was just too good to pass up.

And, they said McCarthy had made wr a priority at some point anyway. Not in the first of course, but at some point. This was not Jerry just wanting a flashy toy.

ok good to know. glad to hear it

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Legitimate top 10-12 prospect, best WR in the draft, the only guy taken between 10-20 that I'd have taken over him is Kinlaw and th

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't have a problem with the pick, hard to complain when you get a legitimate top 10 player at 17. It makes the offense legitimately deadly.

They really do need to nail the Day 2 picks though or this defense will need the offense to outscore everybody.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cowboys had him at 6th overall, NFL.com had him as 7th overall. Mel had him 12th overall.

We got a steal and YES, wide receiver was just as much of a need as corner.

Corners... we had Awuzie, Lewis, Brown, and Canady..... WR, we had Cooper, Gallup.... and ?? Devin Smith? Cedrick Wilson?? Tavon Austin??

Not to mention WR is just more important than CB because of the nature of the position and the way the rules are these days. CB has been nerfed so even the best players just don't make as much difference because they can't/aren't allowed.

Best pick we could have made there.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cowboys had him at 6th overall, NFL.com had him as 7th overall. Mel had him 12th overall.

We got a steal and YES, wide receiver was just as much of a need as corner.

Corners... we had Awuzie, Lewis, Brown, and Canady..... WR, we had Cooper, Gallup.... and ?? Devin Smith? Cedrick Wilson?? Tavon Austin??

Not to mention WR is just more important than CB because of the nature of the position and the way the rules are these days. CB has been nerfed so even the best players just don't make as much difference because they can't/aren't allowed.

Best pick we could have made there.
Is it just the position or the player? Would you have taken the other 2 top WRs over Chaisson? I preferred Chaisson over the other 2 myself. I preferred defense but I'm happy with the pick. They stuck with their board so kudos for that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll save you a read. The article doesn't state what was offered in the trade offers.
Does not really matter what was offered. I am always about getting more picks, but this was one case where you don't fuck up a wet dream. There wasn't a player picked after Lamb that even comes close to him as a talent.

It really is hard to put my arms around it. It had to fall just perfectly and it did. Feels weird to catch a break and then do the right thing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Does not really matter what was offered. I am always about getting more picks, but this was one case where you don't fuck up a wet dream. There wasn't a player picked after Lamb that even comes close to him as a talent.

It really is hard to put my arms around it. It had to fall just perfectly and it did. Feels weird to catch a break and then do the right thing.
This is the thing I am most happy about. We have had it fall the right way for us before (Juan Thornhill) and still fucked it up. We didn't fuck it up this time and that is amazing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is the thing I am most happy about. We have had it fall the right way for us before (Juan Thornhill) and still fucked it up. We didn't fuck it up this time and that is amazing.
I honestly don't believe it happened. This is all a bullshit dream where I passed out before the pick and we took Kenneth Murray or some such shit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I still haven't fully processed the pick either, it's just kind of unreal that we got a legit top 10-12 guy who I wouldn't have been surprised if he went as high as 8.

The defense needs plenty of work but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth and Lamb is one big fucking gift horse.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Does anyone remember a time when the entire board liked a pick?

Top Bottom