Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Aikman said Murray "bangs his head on the goalposts" if Peppers doesn't knock that ball out. There was no one between him and the goal line

The voodoo that's hit our team these past three decades...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Aikman said Murray "bangs his head on the goalposts" if Peppers doesn't knock that ball out. There was no one between him and the goal line...
True, but Aikman is bad about exaggerating that. He also said that about Crayton in the Giants playoff loss on an easy drop when there was no chance he scores from the 40 or whatever it was.

Point stands, it would have been a long gain. Just saying.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And yet the drive after that fumble Murray was the biggest piece to scoring and going up 21-13.

On the ensuing kickoff, the Packers fumbled it and it landed right in James Hanna's hands and yet somehow he didn't recover it.

Either of those plays go our way, and we win that game. And that's why that loss hurt so much -- we gave that one away.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And yet the drive after that fumble Murray was the biggest piece to scoring and going up 21-13.

On the ensuing kickoff, the Packers fumbled it and it landed right in James Hanna's hands and yet somehow he didn't recover it.

Either of those plays go our way, and we win that game. And that's why that loss hurt so much -- we gave that one away.
So many missed opps.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is good stuff, regardless of the outcome.

Good stuff?? That hideous, boring, 9-5 loss with fucking gayboy Theismann letting himself get chased for a safety teasing with the football knowing we lost anyway all in front of The Peanut Farmer?

One of my most despised MNF memories. Maybe any football memory… that game was so god damned frustrating to watch

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good stuff?? That hideous, boring, 9-5 loss with fucking gayboy Theismann letting himself get chased for a safety teasing with the football knowing we lost anyway all in front of The Peanut Farmer?

One of my most despised MNF memories. Maybe any football memory… that game was so god damned frustrating to watch
Like I said, good stuff. I was a kid at the time, but guys like Theismann and Tarkenton were focuses of rage. Kill the QB is the way I was raised.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Like I said, good stuff. I was a kid at the time, but guys like Theismann and Tarkenton were focuses of rage. Kill the QB is the way I was raised.
Fuel for rage. That team can have 50 consecutive losing seasons and it wouldn’t be enough.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Dallas - New England 1978 battle of cross-conference division leaders, with several desperate cutaways by NBC to promote what should have been an awesome Pittsburgh-Houston game that ended up being an injury bowl instead.

Check out bushy haired Ditka on the sideline

Top Bottom