Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I definitely want Emmanuel Sanders here if possible.

I think Dak needs very quality receiving targets, unlike Romo who could make his own guys a little better.

I'd rather get by at DE with Gregory returning than get by at WR. Though both positions obviously need to be addressed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They obviously like Crawford.

Call it a mistake, and it probably is -- I certainly have never been a huge Crawford fan myself, especially not at the contract he got -- 5 years ago or whatever. The contract isn't great now, it was worse then.

But I'm not so sure some of the guys remaining out there are better than Crawford. He's not a complete scrub.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Has anyone considered that top free agents don’t want to go to Dallas?

These young guys weren’t even born when Dallas was winning SBs and if they were they were like 3 years old.

The media has rightfully exposed the franchise as a circus for years. I’d want to go to a winner if I was looking for a team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I definitely want Emmanuel Sanders here if possible.

I think Dak needs very quality receiving targets, unlike Romo who could make his own guys a little better.

I'd rather get by at DE with Gregory returning than get by at WR. Though both positions obviously need to be addressed.
I'm ok rolling with Gregory, Jackson and Armstrong but then you better add a starting caliber DT if that's the plan. You can't live on a hope and a prayer everywhere.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

These young guys weren’t even born when Dallas was winning SBs and if they were they were like 3 years old.

The media has rightfully exposed the franchise as a circus for years. I’d want to go to a winner if I was looking for a team.
When dudes go to Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville I don't think it's much of a factor.

It's not like the Pats, Chiefs and Steelers are cleaning up in free agency.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
When your top free agent is a 30something who has bounced around the last few years....

I get that Cooper could be considered in this, but he’s had success with Dak and probably covets continuity and doesn’t want to risk playing with another Derek Carr.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
When dudes go to Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville I don't think it's much of a factor.

It's not like the Pats, Chiefs and Steelers are cleaning up in free agency.
Wasn’t Jacksonville in the AFCCG a few years ago? And Tampa is on the rise with a great head coach and explosive offense.

Miami is an outlier, though, I agree. But are they paying over market value for their FAs?

I’m sure Dallas could land a few top FAs if they overpaid, but they’re out there bargain shopping like Bill Gates at Walmart.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm ok rolling with Gregory, Jackson and Armstrong but then you better add a starting caliber DT if that's the plan. You can't live on a hope and a prayer everywhere.
I'm sure they consider Woods a starting DT.

McCoy replaces Collins, Gregory replaces Quinn, personnel issues solved (at least numbers wise).

If you add too many FA's, there will be no room for Jalen Jelks, Daniel Wise or Joe Jackson to make the team. :art

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And with an unprecedented glut of QBs available, there's no reason not to replace Rush and his noodle arm. But we won't.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
They obviously like Crawford.

Call it a mistake, and it probably is -- I certainly have never been a huge Crawford fan myself, especially not at the contract he got -- 5 years ago or whatever. The contract isn't great now, it was worse then.

But I'm not so sure some of the guys remaining out there are better than Crawford. He's not a complete scrub.
How about the guys that were available since the start of free agency, before the market dried up?

I can name two off the top of my head that both could have been signed for less than they're paying Crawford.

And what is his starting position to you, based on his $9.1 million cap cost this year? Where are you comfortable starting this player?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure they consider Woods a starting DT.

McCoy replaces Collins, Gregory replaces Quinn, personnel issues solved (at least numbers wise).

If you add too many FA's, there will be no room for Jalen Jelks, Daniel Wise or Joe Jackson to make the team. :art
Woods is a free agent.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Why would anyone of sound mind assume Gregory will be here for 16 games? Guy has proven over and over again you can't depend on him.

To be fair that was because of pot. That isn't an issue now.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life

Players are signing with far worse teams. As long as the money is green. This sounds like an attempted excuse for the Cowboys sitting on their hands once again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would anyone of sound mind assume Gregory will be here for 16 games? Guy has proven over and over again you can't depend on him.
Because the new CBA doesn't allow for weed suspensions. That's a pretty big change.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Players are signing with far worse teams. As long as the money is green. This sounds like an attempted excuse for the Cowboys sitting on their hands once again.
Yeah literally every shit NFL team is able to sign guys. And don't give me explosive offense excuse. We had like the second best offense in the NFL last year

Top Bottom