Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
That doesn't add up at all for me.

1. They drafted Ferrell with a 1st round pick last year, shocking many taking him that high.
  2. They struck gold with Maxx Crosby, who had a better statistical season than Nick Bosa and 10 sacks
  3. They even managed to coax a quality year out of our castoff Benson Mayowa and got 7 sacks out of him!
And now they're going to follow up one dumb move in hiring Marinelli with spending big money for what will be a rotational guy for them in Quinn?

:poop:
I don't see it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That doesn't add up at all for me.

1. They drafted Ferrell with a 1st round pick last year, shocking many taking him that high.
  2. They struck gold with Maxx Crosby, who had a better statistical season than Nick Bosa and 10 sacks
  3. They even managed to coax a quality year out of our castoff Benson Mayowa and got 7 sacks out of him!
And now they're going to follow up one dumb move in hiring Marinelli with spending big money for what will be a rotational guy for them in Quinn?

:poop:
I don't see it.
Yeah the Raiders don't make much sense other than Marinelli. And even that is a pretty weak connection considering he only coached him for one season.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yeah the Raiders don't make much sense other than Marinelli. And even that is a pretty weak connection considering he only coached him for one season.
Maybe agent speak and trying to drum up imaginary interest where none exists? (or certainly shouldn't)

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Quinn is 100% getting an AAV in the double digits, I'm expecting somewhere around $12/year given that Justin Houston got 2/24 last year at 30 years old while Brandon Graham got 3/40 at 31.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Quinn is 100% getting an AAV in the double digits, I'm expecting somewhere around $12/year given that Justin Houston got 2/24 last year at 30 years old while Brandon Graham got 3/40 at 31.
That Graham contract is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That Graham contract is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen:

So basically it's cheap as shit but they are fucked in the third year? Or at least that's what it looks like.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
So basically it's cheap as shit but they are fucked in the third year? Or at least that's what it looks like.
Totally back-loaded, to a ridiculous degree. They're going to be paying over $12 million for a player that won't even be on their team in 2022. And the guy is an average-at-best pass rusher who has never recorded double-digit sacks in his entire career.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Totally back-loaded, to a ridiculous degree. They're going to be paying over $12 million for a player that won't even be on their team in 2022. And the guy is an average-at-best pass rusher who has never recorded double-digit sacks in his entire career.
Yeah I looked at that contract and it's ugly. I kept thinking they must have an out to make that a 2 year deal and cut all the fat off it but I don't think there is.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yeah I looked at that contract and it's ugly. I kept thinking they must have an out to make that a 2 year deal and cut all the fat off it but I don't think there is.
It looks to me like the only 'out' for the team would be to keep re-signing the guy to spread out the hits, but then you're just keeping him and paying him even longer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks to me like the only 'out' for the team would be to keep re-signing the guy to spread out the hits, but then you're just keeping him and paying him even longer.
Plus he would have all the leverage to get a market deal in free agency. So you'd still have to over pay him a market level deal plus the other money. Talk about mortgaging the future.

Top Bottom