Cowboys Free Agency Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
McCoy is aging and Poe is wearing down. Javon Kinlaw would make this awesome.
Yes, but we have Trysten Hill for one of the spots. I would be very surprised now if we took a DT in the first.

Even if Kinlaw were there. They would just say they were scared off by his knees.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yes, but we have Trysten Hill for one of the spots. I would be very surprised now if we took a DT in the first.

Even if Kinlaw were there. They would just say they were scared off by his knees.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No, you're right. It's gotta be flashy, and DT is the least flashy position to Jerry.

Seriously though I'd be happy with BPA.

p1_

DCC 4Life

so Hill is >> Kinlaw? Yyyyeaahhhh....

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That whole Trysten Hill pisses me off so bad which why I have to make it a joke.

It wasn't bad enough that Marinelli cut our nuts off with Charlton, but he did it again with Hill.

I wish nothing but failure on that old fuck in Las Vegas.
Same, I can't put into words how happy I am that old bowlegged fucker is gone, but to think we pass on Kinlaw because we're now snakebit because of Marinelli's reaches would piss me off even more

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I hope Poe can still play. I think this team's blind spot was that they didn't think they needed any size on the DL. Still don't get that one.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I hope Poe can still play. I think this team's blind spot was that they didn't think they needed any size on the DL. Still don't get that one.

Personally I think they want him to clog the middle more than anything, so playing is secondary, can he block the middle and anchor it will be first. im sure they wont ask him to cause to much havoc, just do his job and do it well. Which he does well to this day.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Personally I think they want him to clog the middle more than anything, so playing is secondary, can he block the middle and anchor it will be first. im sure they wont ask him to cause to much havoc, just do his job and do it well. Which he does well to this day.
If that's what they wanted they got the wrong guy. Should have signed Snacks for that.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
If that's what they wanted they got the wrong guy. Should have signed Snacks for that.

They could have had Snacks and passed on him, i think there is more to this. Poe is better. Im not saying hes down to just anchoring, but no one knows what kind of defense is going to be installed, i hope its more of an attacking scheme, but we ll see.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Post Parcells of course, ever since they backed into 7th rounder and backup Jay Ratliff playing well enough in relief of Ferguson (who himself wasn't huge and more of a stopgap until Parcells could find the real solution).

So Jerry made Wade find ways to keep 285 pound Jay Ratliff as the *fricking anchor* of a 3-4 as its NT, because in Jerry's mind, Ratliff was his own counterpart to Jimmy's Leon Lett.

So even when in 2008 when NFL defenses adjusted to it and burned Ratliff left and right in the run game they stubbornly stuck with it. Ratliff was overwhelmed, played hurt, then played injured and finally publicly blew up at Jerry Jones for it.

Then they brought in Rob Ryan, but still made him keep the exact same defensive personnel! They finally adjusted the scheme to a 4-3 and brought in old-assed Monte Kiffen, but they didn't want to use draft resources on a 1T.

When the last of Parcells guys Hatcher and Ware left, they still had no f'ing clue what to do and started relying on Marinelli to work miracles.

Poe is the first nod to sanity we've had in over a decade, and it might be too late given his injury history.

I'm excited to see the change, though.

Top Bottom